Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Where to find 32/64-bit IMEs?

Where to find 32/64-bit IMEs?

=?Utf-8?B?VGluIFRpbiBEZW8=?=

To sum things up, would anyone know where can I find/download a 32/64 Chinese
Input Method Editor?

Details:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=892075 States (basically) that it's as
easy as enabling a 32/64 IME, which is all fine and dandy, but I don't have
any IMEs that came with my XPx64 install that even mention their native
architecture (proper term?); I assume they're all only 64-bit with no 32-bit
support – at the very least the only IME I'm concerned with (Chinese) only
operates properly in 64-bit applications (crashes 32-bit apps).

=?Utf-8?B?VGluIFRpbiBEZW8=?=

Seems I solved my own problem; After uninstalling and reinstalling East Asian
font support on a whim, the Simplified Pinyin and Taiwanese Traditional
(which wasn't available pre-reinstall) IMEs both work in most 32 bit apps.

I'm a little befuddled as to why it didn't work out the first time around (I
did have the OEM disc in the second time around, but I'm relatively sure that
was the case the first time as well), but it's a nonissue now, at any rate.

"Tin Tin Deo" wrote:

> To sum things up, would anyone know where can I find/download a 32/64 Chinese
> Input Method Editor?
>
> Details:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=892075 States (basically) that it's as
> easy as enabling a 32/64 IME, which is all fine and dandy, but I don't have
> any IMEs that came with my XPx64 install that even mention their native
> architecture (proper term?); I assume they're all only 64-bit with no 32-bit
> support – at the very least the only IME I'm concerned with (Chinese) only
> operates properly in 64-bit applications (crashes 32-bit apps).

Charlie Russel - MVP

Glad to hear it, since clearly the rest of us were not coming up with an
answer. Thank you for reporting back!

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64