Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Registry Defrag/Compact for x64 freeware

Registry Defrag/Compact for x64 freeware

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Here's a freeware registry defrag/compact program for Windows XP, 2000, ME,
98. Windows 2003, Windows XP Pro x64 edition, Windows 2003 Server x64 Edition.

It is NOT a registry cleaner.
(Will Charlie like this one?)

http://www.registry-clean.net/free-registry-defrag.htm

Here's what the author says:
"During the normal operation of a Windows system, registry data is
constantly being written to and removed from the registry. Over time this
data becomes scattered within the registry file and when information is
deleted from the registry holes are left which fragment the data within the
registry. Registry compacting optimizes your registry by removing gaps and
wasted space, thus improves the whole system performance."

Download link (a mere 0,5 MB):
http://download.registry-clean.net/d...try-defrag.exe

Carlos

Bruce Chambers

Carlos wrote:
> Here's a freeware registry defrag/compact program for Windows XP, 2000, ME,
> 98. Windows 2003, Windows XP Pro x64 edition, Windows 2003 Server x64 Edition.
>
> It is NOT a registry cleaner.
> (Will Charlie like this one?)

Link to dangerous software removed...

> Carlos

I doubt it. Just like registry "cleaners" this is nothing more than
another snake oil remedy, marketted to the gullible, to address
non-existent "problems."

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrum Russell

Charlie Russel - MVP

Bruce is right. Charlie doesn't like this one either.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Bruce Chambers wrote:
> Carlos wrote:
>> Here's a freeware registry defrag/compact program for Windows XP, 2000,
>> ME, 98. Windows 2003, Windows XP Pro x64 edition, Windows 2003 Server x64
>> Edition. It is NOT a registry cleaner.
>> (Will Charlie like this one?)
>>

> Link to dangerous software removed...
>
>> Carlos

> I doubt it. Just like registry "cleaners" this is nothing more than
> another snake oil remedy, marketted to the gullible, to address
> non-existent "problems."

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Duly noted.

Carlos