Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > winlogon.exe has huge VM size ?

winlogon.exe has huge VM size ?

Peter Lawton

I've noticed that all my Windows XP x64 PCs have a huge VM
size in Task Manager, I think it's only since the last MS patch day. Also
the machines are popping up dialog boxes saying Windows is running short of
virtual memory and has increased the page file size.

On a Windows XP x64 PC with 2GB RAM winlogon.exe has a VM size of
3,131,208K

Anyone else noticed anything like this?

Thanks

Peter Lawton

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

winlogon.exe is 572 KB down here.
Carlos

"Peter Lawton" wrote:

> I've noticed that all my Windows XP x64 PCs have a huge VM
> size in Task Manager, I think it's only since the last MS patch day. Also
> the machines are popping up dialog boxes saying Windows is running short of
> virtual memory and has increased the page file size.
>
> On a Windows XP x64 PC with 2GB RAM winlogon.exe has a VM size of
> 3,131,208K
>
> Anyone else noticed anything like this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Lawton

DP

I have two GB of ram as well, and in task manager, winlogon.exe shows 3,544
KB, which would be 3.5 mb, right?

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> winlogon.exe is 572 KB down here.
> Carlos
>
> "Peter Lawton" wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that all my Windows XP x64 PCs have a huge VM
>> size in Task Manager, I think it's only since the last MS patch day. Also
>> the machines are popping up dialog boxes saying Windows is running short
>> of
>> virtual memory and has increased the page file size.
>>
>> On a Windows XP x64 PC with 2GB RAM winlogon.exe has a VM size of
>> 3,131,208K
>>
>> Anyone else noticed anything like this?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Peter Lawton

John Barnes

Shows VM Size of 11.7m here, peak mem usage of 27.5m

"DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have two GB of ram as well, and in task manager, winlogon.exe shows
> 3,544 KB, which would be 3.5 mb, right?

> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> winlogon.exe is 572 KB down here.
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Peter Lawton" wrote:
>>
>>> I've noticed that all my Windows XP x64 PCs have a huge VM
>>> size in Task Manager, I think it's only since the last MS patch day.
>>> Also
>>> the machines are popping up dialog boxes saying Windows is running short
>>> of
>>> virtual memory and has increased the page file size.
>>>
>>> On a Windows XP x64 PC with 2GB RAM winlogon.exe has a VM size of
>>> 3,131,208K
>>>
>>> Anyone else noticed anything like this?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Peter Lawton

Buzz

Winlogon here is 677

--
Buz
Buzz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=1433

http://www.techarena.i

Peter Lawton

Sorted it out now, if anyone else ever comes across this issue.

Had to delete the user profile and let the PC build a new one. Must have got
corrupted somehow.

Peter Lawton

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Shows VM Size of 11.7m here, peak mem usage of 27.5m
>

> "DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> I have two GB of ram as well, and in task manager, winlogon.exe shows
>> 3,544 KB, which would be 3.5 mb, right?

>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> winlogon.exe is 572 KB down here.
>>> Carlos

John Barnes

So, what size VM do you have now?

"Peter Lawton" <devnull@fakedomain> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorted it out now, if anyone else ever comes across this issue.
>
> Had to delete the user profile and let the PC build a new one. Must have
> got corrupted somehow.
>
> Peter Lawton

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Shows VM Size of 11.7m here, peak mem usage of 27.5m
>>

>> "DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> I have two GB of ram as well, and in task manager, winlogon.exe shows
>>> 3,544 KB, which would be 3.5 mb, right?
>>>

>>> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed)...

Peter Lawton

13,764K - much better

Peter Lawton

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

Memory error due to the huge/huge input file size tejsupra@gmail.com Python 3 11-20-2008 07:21 PM
HUGE inbox size Captain Crunch Firefox 1 01-24-2005 07:15 PM
Upload huge file size: "The page cannot be displayed" browser error Joe ASP .Net 7 01-06-2005 02:21 AM

Advertisments