Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > UNRAR cmd line freeware

UNRAR cmd line freeware

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

If you need a freeware unrar app, then this official rarlabs command line
utility for x64 may be just what you need.
Go to http://www.rarlabs.com/rar_add.htm
and download this file:
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/unrar-x64.zip
Carlos
P.S.: Isn't it funny that the creators of RAR compression offer this
freeware in ZIP format as opposed to RAR?

John Barnes

Personally I like 7-zip for unRARing, unZIPping and other unS

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you need a freeware unrar app, then this official rarlabs command line
> utility for x64 may be just what you need.
> Go to http://www.rarlabs.com/rar_add.htm
> and download this file:
> http://www.rarlab.com/rar/unrar-x64.zip
> Carlos
> P.S.: Isn't it funny that the creators of RAR compression offer this
> freeware in ZIP format as opposed to RAR?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

John's favourite freeware archiver can be found at:
http://www.7-zip.org/
Good thinking, John!
Carlos

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Personally I like 7-zip for unRARing, unZIPping and other unS

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If you need a freeware unrar app, then this official rarlabs command line
> > utility for x64 may be just what you need.
> > Go to http://www.rarlabs.com/rar_add.htm
> > and download this file:
> > http://www.rarlab.com/rar/unrar-x64.zip
> > Carlos
> > P.S.: Isn't it funny that the creators of RAR compression offer this
> > freeware in ZIP format as opposed to RAR?

Norman Diamond

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> P.S.: Isn't it funny that the creators of RAR compression offer this
> freeware in ZIP format as opposed to RAR?

Maybe a bit, but the serious reason outranks the amusement reason. If
someone needs an unrar tool and if they need to use an unrar tool in order
to get it, they're not going to get very far.