Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Is XP 64-bit Edition Discontinued?

Is XP 64-bit Edition Discontinued?

=?Utf-8?B?R2VuZXNpcw==?=

Looking for an OS to install in my PC found this interesting link.

Charlie Russel - MVP

XP x64 Edition SP2 has not been released, nor is the original version
discontinued that I'm aware of. Find another reseller. There are several.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Genesis wrote:
> Looking for an OS to install in my PC found this interesting link.

=?Utf-8?B?R2VuZXNpcw==?=

I found another reseller but what on the link below. Is this the original
version? is it still on Beta test?

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merch...eratingSystems

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> XP x64 Edition SP2 has not been released, nor is the original version
> discontinued that I'm aware of. Find another reseller. There are several.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> Genesis wrote:
> > Looking for an OS to install in my PC found this interesting link.
> >
> > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16837102065

Charlie Russel - MVP

My list of vendors that I buy from online:
www.ncix.com
www.directron.com
www.planetamd64.com
www.zipzoomfly.com
www.newegg.com

All have been reliable, fair, and honest sources of software and/or hardware
for me over the years.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Genesis wrote:
> I found another reseller but what on the link below. Is this the original
> version? is it still on Beta test?
>
> http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merch...eratingSystems
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> XP x64 Edition SP2 has not been released, nor is the original version
>> discontinued that I'm aware of. Find another reseller. There are several.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> Genesis wrote:
>>> Looking for an OS to install in my PC found this interesting link.
>>>
>>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16837102065

John Barnes

I have bought from them once and had no problems. I prefer the last 4
vendors on Charlie's list since I don't want to risk the many fees that can
get added without notice by buying from out of the country. This is not a
beta. I suggest you read Charlie's articles on whom the OS is designed for,
before you buy it.

"Genesis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I found another reseller but what on the link below. Is this the original
> version? is it still on Beta test?
>
> http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merch...eratingSystems
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> XP x64 Edition SP2 has not been released, nor is the original version
>> discontinued that I'm aware of. Find another reseller. There are several.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> Genesis wrote:
>> > Looking for an OS to install in my PC found this interesting link.
>> >
>> > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16837102065

Charlie Russel - MVP

NCIX has both US and Canadian shipping points, according to my
understanding. But if they only ship from Canada, then yes, that's an issue.
The opposite of the one I usually have to deal with.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

John Barnes wrote:
> I have bought from them once and had no problems. I prefer the last 4
> vendors on Charlie's list since I don't want to risk the many fees that
> can get added without notice by buying from out of the country. This is
> not a beta. I suggest you read Charlie's articles on whom the OS is
> designed for, before you buy it.
>

> "Genesis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I found another reseller but what on the link below. Is this the original
>> version? is it still on Beta test?
>>
>> http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merch...eratingSystems
>>
>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>>
>>> XP x64 Edition SP2 has not been released, nor is the original version
>>> discontinued that I'm aware of. Find another reseller. There are
>>> several. --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Colin Barnhorst

There is currently only the original version. The original version already
was at the service pack 1 level because it shares the Server 2003 SP1 code
base. The current beta of SP2 is the first service pack for x64. To date,
no edition of XP Pro x64 has been discontinued.

"Genesis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I found another reseller but what on the link below. Is this the original
> version? is it still on Beta test?
>
> http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merch...eratingSystems
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> XP x64 Edition SP2 has not been released, nor is the original version
>> discontinued that I'm aware of. Find another reseller. There are several.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> Genesis wrote:
>> > Looking for an OS to install in my PC found this interesting link.
>> >
>> > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16837102065

John Barnes

Been burned too many times by Canadian companies that quote in US$ and
everything looks like it will be a US$ transaction, then find they charge
the credit card in C$ and I have exchange differences between their
calculation, the credit card exchange and then the exchange fees from the
credit card company. I just like to know what I am paying for something
when the order is placed.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> NCIX has both US and Canadian shipping points, according to my
> understanding. But if they only ship from Canada, then yes, that's an
> issue. The opposite of the one I usually have to deal with.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> John Barnes wrote:
>> I have bought from them once and had no problems. I prefer the last 4
>> vendors on Charlie's list since I don't want to risk the many fees that
>> can get added without notice by buying from out of the country. This is
>> not a beta. I suggest you read Charlie's articles on whom the OS is
>> designed for, before you buy it.
>>

>> "Genesis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I found another reseller but what on the link below. Is this the
>>> original
>>> version? is it still on Beta test?
>>>
>>> http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merch...eratingSystems

Charlie Russel - MVP

well, I can understand the concern, having been screwed by more than one US
company. However, that being said, I have had nothing but good results
and experiences with NCIX. They have been top notch, and really gone the
extra mile to stand behind their stuff. Frankly, I didn't expect all that
much - they're one of the cheapest in Canada. But they've been super. Just
super.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

John Barnes wrote:
> Been burned too many times by Canadian companies that quote in US$ and
> everything looks like it will be a US$ transaction, then find they charge
> the credit card in C$ and I have exchange differences between their
> calculation, the credit card exchange and then the exchange fees from the
> credit card company. I just like to know what I am paying for something
> when the order is placed.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> NCIX has both US and Canadian shipping points, according to my
>> understanding. But if they only ship from Canada, then yes, that's an
>> issue. The opposite of the one I usually have to deal with.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> John Barnes wrote:
>>> I have bought from them once and had no problems. I prefer the last 4
>>> vendors on Charlie's list since I don't want to risk the many fees that
>>> can get added without notice by buying from out of the country. This is
>>> not a beta. I suggest you read Charlie's articles on whom the OS is
>>> designed for, before you buy it.
>>>

>>> "Genesis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

Will keep that in mind should I move to Canada

news:(E-Mail Removed)...