Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-290 not sure about mspress

70-290 not sure about mspress

harryph

Hi all, have got exam 70-290 on Monday and don't think I'm
totally ready well have study a lot but and have lab setup
at home (1 server 03 running p2 1gig and p4 512mb running
xp and vpc server 03) all are running fine and are setup
as per mspress says to but I find mspress only skims the
top of a lot of the subjects and there are a lot of
mistakes and no explanations. well to get to the point I
know the material in the book but I have the filing the
msprss only cover about 50% of the actual server in turn
the exam will have a lot of questions I will have not even
heard about. is there a site with a general list of what
the exam might bring up thanks

Leonardo Da Vinci

I passed last week in the 70-290. I also used the 70-290 mspress's book.
This book was only one part of my plan of study and it was very useful to
me, mainly the Readiness Review Suite (when I discovered that the book
really doesn't cover all topics efficiently).

It is very difficult to know what the exam will bring to you. In my case
there was many questions about Terminal Server (not only referring to
troubleshoot) and a VBScript question. I don't remember to have seen these
subjects in the official Microsoft 70-290's subject list.

You could try some PrepLogic's practice exams before your own...

Best Regards,
Leonardo

"harryph" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5d6f01c42dc2$92980c40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all, have got exam 70-290 on Monday and don't think I'm
> totally ready well have study a lot but and have lab setup
> at home (1 server 03 running p2 1gig and p4 512mb running
> xp and vpc server 03) all are running fine and are setup
> as per mspress says to but I find mspress only skims the
> top of a lot of the subjects and there are a lot of
> mistakes and no explanations. well to get to the point I
> know the material in the book but I have the filing the
> msprss only cover about 50% of the actual server in turn
> the exam will have a lot of questions I will have not even
> heard about. is there a site with a general list of what
> the exam might bring up thanks

sure shot requirement for C++ with Unix Experience !!! sure interviewto day !!! Himayat66@gmail.com ASP .Net 0 02-07-2008 12:40 AM
MSPRESS Voucher code not valid for 70-272 ? Colvert MCDST 2 02-22-2006 11:57 PM
What's the best? Syngress x MSPress Marcos Souza Microsoft Certification 1 12-26-2005 11:48 PM
Exam 70-316 and MSPress book zzz MCSD 5 11-01-2004 12:38 AM
reposting 70-290 not sure about mspress harryph MCSA 3 04-30-2004 03:49 PM

Advertisments