Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Why my Windows Vista X86 does not work on AMD Athlon 64

Why my Windows Vista X86 does not work on AMD Athlon 64

=?Utf-8?B?SkdQRw==?=

I have a problem with my vista x86 my mouse does not work propertly the
windows get freeze for a little bit of seconds i try both ways.... upgrade
and clean instalation but stil got the same problem and my cd-key cannot
register anymore and i only used 2 times and according to microsoft i'm able
to use it 10 times....

Please Help...

ASUS KN8-DELUXE
2GB DDR 333
256MB VIDEO NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5500
1 HDD IDE 200 GB (BOOT)
1 HDD SATA 250GB
1 HDD IDE 120 GB
SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS

Charlie Russel

This is not a 64bit problem. Please post in the general Vista newsgroup.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
"JGPG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a problem with my vista x86 my mouse does not work propertly the
> windows get freeze for a little bit of seconds i try both ways.... upgrade
> and clean instalation but stil got the same problem and my cd-key cannot
> register anymore and i only used 2 times and according to microsoft i'm
> able
> to use it 10 times....
>
> Please Help...
>
> ASUS KN8-DELUXE
> 2GB DDR 333
> 256MB VIDEO NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5500
> 1 HDD IDE 200 GB (BOOT)
> 1 HDD SATA 250GB
> 1 HDD IDE 120 GB
> SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS

=?Utf-8?B?SkdQRw==?=

CHARLIE........
i try with both systems X86 AND X64

so......

ZZAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE!!!!!!!

"Charlie Russel" wrote:

> This is not a 64bit problem. Please post in the general Vista newsgroup.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
> "JGPG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a problem with my vista x86 my mouse does not work propertly the
> > windows get freeze for a little bit of seconds i try both ways.... upgrade
> > and clean instalation but stil got the same problem and my cd-key cannot
> > register anymore and i only used 2 times and according to microsoft i'm
> > able
> > to use it 10 times....
> >
> > Please Help...
> >
> > ASUS KN8-DELUXE
> > 2GB DDR 333
> > 256MB VIDEO NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5500
> > 1 HDD IDE 200 GB (BOOT)
> > 1 HDD SATA 250GB
> > 1 HDD IDE 120 GB
> > SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS

Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2

JGPG:
In your original posting you didn't mention Vista x64 and you didn't
indicate what brand or kind of mouse you're using. I'm using a MS
IntelliMouse optical or MS Optical Mouse Blue through a KVM switch (P/S2)
and either mouse works properly when plugged into a USB port. As another
note Charlie Russel was right in pointing out that the Vista General group
would be a better source for information since everybody here isn't testing
Vista x64 let alone Vista x86. I'm only testing Vista x64 because Vista x86
has no place in my future plans at this time. I'm sorry that I can't solve
your problem with the little information given. Looking in the Vista General
group there are multiple posts about Logitech mice and driver concerns that
aren't experienced with Windows x64.

"JGPG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> CHARLIE........
> i try with both systems X86 AND X64
>
> so......
>
> ZZAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE!!!!!!!
>

> "Charlie Russel" wrote:
>
>> This is not a 64bit problem. Please post in the general Vista newsgroup.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>> "JGPG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have a problem with my vista x86 my mouse does not work propertly the
>> > windows get freeze for a little bit of seconds i try both ways....
>> > upgrade
>> > and clean instalation but stil got the same problem and my cd-key
>> > cannot
>> > register anymore and i only used 2 times and according to microsoft i'm
>> > able
>> > to use it 10 times....
>> >
>> > Please Help...
>> >
>> > ASUS KN8-DELUXE
>> > 2GB DDR 333
>> > 256MB VIDEO NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5500
>> > 1 HDD IDE 200 GB (BOOT)
>> > 1 HDD SATA 250GB
>> > 1 HDD IDE 120 GB
>> > SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS

=?Utf-8?B?SkdQRw==?=

well i'm using a Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard and the mouse is a
IntelliMouse Explorer 2 (Optical) that is conected to the usb also so i
really dont think that is the mouse type or the mouse driever don't you
think!!!! My brother's friend install the VISTA BETA 2 by making an upgrade
from XP SP2 media Center Edition 2005 and he have no problems... and he does
not install any driver he only download the upgrades from microsoft and it
works propertly is the same B2 5384 and the computer is a AMD 64 too....

Thanks for your help...!!!!!

"Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 (5384), OPP2007B2" wrote:

> JGPG:
> In your original posting you didn't mention Vista x64 and you didn't
> indicate what brand or kind of mouse you're using. I'm using a MS
> IntelliMouse optical or MS Optical Mouse Blue through a KVM switch (P/S2)
> and either mouse works properly when plugged into a USB port. As another
> note Charlie Russel was right in pointing out that the Vista General group
> would be a better source for information since everybody here isn't testing
> Vista x64 let alone Vista x86. I'm only testing Vista x64 because Vista x86
> has no place in my future plans at this time. I'm sorry that I can't solve
> your problem with the little information given. Looking in the Vista General
> group there are multiple posts about Logitech mice and driver concerns that
> aren't experienced with Windows x64.
>

> "JGPG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > CHARLIE........
> > i try with both systems X86 AND X64
> >
> > so......
> >
> > ZZAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE!!!!!!!
> >

> > "Charlie Russel" wrote:
> >
> >> This is not a 64bit problem. Please post in the general Vista newsgroup.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
> >> "JGPG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2

JGPG:
It could be a USB driver issue during startup. To eliminate that
possibility try using a standard P/S2 keyboard and mouse. If the problem is
gone it verifies that the problem is a USB driver concern for the mouse
and/or keyboard. I the problem is still present then there is a conflict in
the installation. If your installation is a Vista x86 upgrade, uninstalling
AV programs and conflicting programs noted during the upgrade. Nero and
Power DVD were listed listed as conflicting when I tried an upgrade
installation on a test machine that I was going to format anyways.
Conflicting programs can be the downfall of a good installation, that's why
I prefer to do a clean installation into a formatted partition or hard drive
than a repair or upgrade on any operating system. With Vista x64 the only
installation allowed is a clean installation into a formatted partition or
hard drive. Also at this time any Vista installation IS NOT RECOMMENDED on a
production or only available PC or laptop.