Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 1.1 Framework...

1.1 Framework...

Harrison Midkiff

Hello:

I have an implementation of Windows 2003 Standard (64-bit) running on AMD
processors. This server is going to run an application called Archive
Manager. The vendor says it has to run on 1.1 Framework (32-bit). At the
beginning of my implementation they told me (64-bit) was fine so I spec'ed a
high end system. When I went to install the application I got a few
warnings. They then changed there tune and said if it runs on a (64-bit)
system it was not supported. Are VP's are trying to talk to there VP's but
they are moving slow. I tend to think it will work and they are just
feeding me a canned response. I have googled this and found a number of
articles regarding 1.1 Framework on (64 bit) systems.

Does anyone have any advice or experience on this? Thanks.

Harrison Midkiff

Charlie Russel

You can run the 32-bit version of .NET Framework 1.1 on your x64 Edition
system. It runs in the WOW64 subsystem.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64