Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > short shelf life?

short shelf life?

Vigo Breadcrumbs

Two quotes from the commentary to one of the links I posted:

"If an IT person hasn't been able to find work for a year or two, they
probably won't get hired at all, even if they have 10 years of experience
before being unemployed."

and

"Companies that are hiring IT workers aren't interested in people who have
no experience, or who haven't worked in a while. IT people have a very
short shelf-life, in the eyes of the HR people."

Would you agree or disagree with these statements?

http://www.vigo-alessi.com/images/products/1362.jpg

Brian

There may be some merit to that. I'm on my second job
already and I haven't even graduated from JC yet and not
quite a year of experience. I only have one cert (A+), but
my new company was actually looking for someone with no
experience and there are thousands of qualified,
unemployed IT people here in Seattle. Go figure.

Sartan Dragonbane

I would imagine it was because it's easier to train somebody who hasn't been
trained in another way in the first place.

Or something.
"You can't teach an old dog new tricks"

news:5c0901c42d6d$9d5ab830$(E-Mail Removed)...