Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Creative have released Vista Beta 2 x64 drivers for the Audigy Series cards

Creative have released Vista Beta 2 x64 drivers for the Audigy Series cards

Zack Uribe

http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&x=22&y=12

Did I beat Carlos???

Zack Uribe

....but since Creative is not signing their beta drivers, they will not work
under 5472 unless you feel like sitting at your computer and hitting F8 to
allow unsigned drivers...grrrrr

"Zack Uribe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&x=22&y=12
>

> Did I beat Carlos???

Charlie Russel - MVP

If they're not signing them, then they don't exist as far as I'm concerned.
Grrrr, indeed.

(BTW, there IS a way to bypass that F8 stuff. Google "easybcd". )

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Zack Uribe wrote:
> ...but since Creative is not signing their beta drivers, they will not
> work under 5472 unless you feel like sitting at your computer and hitting
> F8 to allow unsigned drivers...grrrrr
>

> "Zack Uribe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&x=22&y=12
>>

>> Did I beat Carlos???

Zack Uribe

I believe that was disabled in the 5472 build. You used to be able to use a
command string, and VistaBootPro also used to enable unsigned drivers, but
at least those 2 got stopped...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If they're not signing them, then they don't exist as far as I'm
> concerned. Grrrr, indeed.
>
> (BTW, there IS a way to bypass that F8 stuff. Google "easybcd". )
>

> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> Zack Uribe wrote:
>> ...but since Creative is not signing their beta drivers, they will not
>> work under 5472 unless you feel like sitting at your computer and hitting
>> F8 to allow unsigned drivers...grrrrr
>>

>> "Zack Uribe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&x=22&y=12
>>>

>>> Did I beat Carlos???

Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2

Charlie:
I'm using the latest x64 Creative drivers in Vista x64 5384. Under
options use 24-bit, 48000Hz for good results with the Audigy 2zs. The x64
printer drivers won't work but the sound drivers did work.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If they're not signing them, then they don't exist as far as I'm
> concerned. Grrrr, indeed.
>
> (BTW, there IS a way to bypass that F8 stuff. Google "easybcd". )
>

> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> Zack Uribe wrote:
>> ...but since Creative is not signing their beta drivers, they will not
>> work under 5472 unless you feel like sitting at your computer and hitting
>> F8 to allow unsigned drivers...grrrrr
>>

>> "Zack Uribe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&x=22&y=12
>>>

>>> Did I beat Carlos???

Charlie Russel - MVP

still there, I believe. Easy BCD shows it as an option, I know. I don't have
it enabled -- too many blue screens

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Zack Uribe wrote:
> I believe that was disabled in the 5472 build. You used to be able to use
> a command string, and VistaBootPro also used to enable unsigned drivers,
> but at least those 2 got stopped...

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If they're not signing them, then they don't exist as far as I'm
>> concerned. Grrrr, indeed.
>>
>> (BTW, there IS a way to bypass that F8 stuff. Google "easybcd". )
>>

>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> Zack Uribe wrote:
>>> ...but since Creative is not signing their beta drivers, they will not
>>> work under 5472 unless you feel like sitting at your computer and
>>> hitting F8 to allow unsigned drivers...grrrrr
>>>

>>> "Zack Uribe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Zack Uribe

Sorry, I meant disabled by MSFT. I think they killed the hook that those 3
options used to get by driver signing.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> still there, I believe. Easy BCD shows it as an option, I know. I don't
> have it enabled -- too many blue screens
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> Zack Uribe wrote:
>> I believe that was disabled in the 5472 build. You used to be able to use
>> a command string, and VistaBootPro also used to enable unsigned drivers,
>> but at least those 2 got stopped...

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> If they're not signing them, then they don't exist as far as I'm
>>> concerned. Grrrr, indeed.
>>>
>>> (BTW, there IS a way to bypass that F8 stuff. Google "easybcd". )
>>>

>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Aaron Kelley

Indeed, while the bcdedit command to disable the driver signature check
*appears* to work (which is what EasyBCD uses, I imagine), it doesn't
actually do anything anymore (starting in 5472). The only way around it is
F8 on every boot.

- Aaron

"Zack Uribe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry, I meant disabled by MSFT. I think they killed the hook that those 3
> options used to get by driver signing.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> still there, I believe. Easy BCD shows it as an option, I know. I don't
>> have it enabled -- too many blue screens
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> Zack Uribe wrote:
>>> I believe that was disabled in the 5472 build. You used to be able to
>>> use
>>> a command string, and VistaBootPro also used to enable unsigned drivers,
>>> but at least those 2 got stopped...
>>>

>>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel

If they're not signed, they won't work here. (Heck, I still have UAC turned
on.)

Rumour has it we may have a new build soon. I may dig out my USB Audigy 2
for that, if there are good drivers for it. Better than the built in on the
Ferrari, certainly.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
> Charlie:
> I'm using the latest x64 Creative drivers in Vista x64 5384. Under
> options use 24-bit, 48000Hz for good results with the Audigy 2zs. The x64
> printer drivers won't work but the sound drivers did work.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If they're not signing them, then they don't exist as far as I'm
>> concerned. Grrrr, indeed.
>>
>> (BTW, there IS a way to bypass that F8 stuff. Google "easybcd". )
>>

>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> Zack Uribe wrote:
>>> ...but since Creative is not signing their beta drivers, they will not
>>> work under 5472 unless you feel like sitting at your computer and
>>> hitting
>>> F8 to allow unsigned drivers...grrrrr
>>>

>>> "Zack Uribe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Zack Uribe

Patrick sure has hinted at a new build being "immenent". Earlier in the week
I mentioned I was going on vacation, and was hoping to have a new build for
my laptop(slow as molasses) He asked when I was going...which hinted at one
coming down the pike.
Today a tester asked if he should re-install the downloaded 5472 due to
issues with the media test build, or wait a few days..Patrick suggested to
wait....

According to the Creative Matrix, the external Soundblaster products are TBA
regarding Vista support

news:(E-Mail Removed)...