Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > dual core and 64 bit

Reply
Thread Tools

dual core and 64 bit

 
 
Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2006
What sound cards work with dual core and 64 bit?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Aaron Kelley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2006
Dual-core doesn't really have anything to do with sound cards working.

Check the manufacturer's web site for x64 drivers. I have a SoundBlaster
Live! 24-bit and it works fine.

- Aaron

"Bill" <intelpentiumpeglegnewsmicrosoftcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What sound cards work with dual core and 64 bit?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
i.am.not@home.org
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2006
Bill wrote:
> What sound cards work with dual core and 64 bit?
>
>


The same cards that work with a single core CPU
along with the applicable 64-bit sound driver.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Colin Barnhorst
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2006
Depends on whether you are running an x86 or x64 OS. Some cards do not have
x64 drivers yet. It does not depend on the cpu or the number of cores.

"Bill" <intelpentiumpeglegnewsmicrosoftcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What sound cards work with dual core and 64 bit?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2006
The 64 bit motherboard I have (Foxconn NF4UKA8 has an onboard Realtek chip
that works okay prior to installing the dual core AMD and NVIDIA drivers and
Win64. Once they are installed the sound slows down to half speed. A recent
Media Player update has allowed a change in speed for some midi files which
requires an increase to about 1.666 in order to approximate normal speed but
the sound is still distorted. I have tried to use an old ESS card but it
only has XP and not XP64 drivers. I need a card with x64 drivers.

--
Patrick
"Aaron Kelley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dual-core doesn't really have anything to do with sound cards working.
>
> Check the manufacturer's web site for x64 drivers. I have a SoundBlaster
> Live! 24-bit and it works fine.
>
> - Aaron
>
> "Bill" <intelpentiumpeglegnewsmicrosoftcom> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What sound cards work with dual core and 64 bit?
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2006
No 64 bit driver for the ESS card I have. What cards have 64 bit drivers?

--
Patrick
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23dZwG%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bill wrote:
>> What sound cards work with dual core and 64 bit?

>
> The same cards that work with a single core CPU along with the applicable
> 64-bit sound driver.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2006
Both Foxconn claimed that it was not the hardware and replaced the
motherboard.but same thing. I have the latest NVIDIA 64 bit drivers. Both
the on board chip and the ESS card work under Win XP. There is no 64 bit
driver for the ESS card. That leaves the 64 bit NVIDIA driver to run the
onboard Realtek chip. It is only running at 2/3rds speed. NVIDIA claims it
is not the NVIDIA drivers.

--
Patrick
"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Depends on whether you are running an x86 or x64 OS. Some cards do not
> have x64 drivers yet. It does not depend on the cpu or the number of
> cores.
>
> "Bill" <intelpentiumpeglegnewsmicrosoftcom> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What sound cards work with dual core and 64 bit?
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2006
correction... the onboard Realtek chip running under Win XP runs at 2/3rds
speed as well as under Win XP64. However, some stuuf sounds really neat at
2/3rds speed.


 
Reply With Quote
 
John Barnes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2006
I had no problem with Realtek sound (Asus board) and no problem with my
Creative Audigy card (x64 and Vista)


"Bill" <intelpentiumpeglegnewsmicrosoftcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> correction... the onboard Realtek chip running under Win XP runs at 2/3rds
> speed as well as under Win XP64. However, some stuuf sounds really neat at
> 2/3rds speed.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2006
Okay I'll order one but I'm still curious what is wrong with the onboard
chip. Is it Windows or NVIDIA?

"John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:unUR%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I had no problem with Realtek sound (Asus board) and no problem with my
>Creative Audigy card (x64 and Vista)



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When to pick quad core and when to pick dual core thingy NZ Computing 6 11-21-2006 07:08 AM
From single core to dual core =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= Windows 64bit 26 08-06-2006 09:08 PM
Core Solo & Core Duo are not Core microarchitecture; 65nm Pentium M chips bigal Hardware 0 03-22-2006 11:24 AM
Dual Core Vs Single Core Processor Real World Performance Difference Edge Computer Information 3 03-15-2006 01:30 AM
posible: dual core + single core =?Utf-8?B?TmllbHMgQ2hyLg==?= Windows 64bit 7 11-22-2005 06:11 PM



Advertisments