Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > power outage

power outage

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbA==?=

After an outage I cannot start explorer and cannot access files,search etc..
this following message appears."The resources directory is missing"
otherwise I can start programs even use Outlook.
Thanks

Colin Barnhorst

You can run a Repair Install of XP. Be sure to visit Microsoft Update
afterwards to get your system up to date.

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> After an outage I cannot start explorer and cannot access files,search
> etc..
> this following message appears."The resources directory is missing"
> otherwise I can start programs even use Outlook.
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Phil:
Try doing a system restore to a state prior to the power outage.
That should fix it.
Carlos