Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > It's update day again.....

It's update day again.....

Jud Hendrix

Eight patches with one which "addresses a critical security problem"
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...ms06-040.mspx).

jud

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

You're the man, Jud. You're the man.

Carlos

"Jud Hendrix" wrote:

> Eight patches with one which "addresses a critical security problem"
> (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...ms06-040.mspx).
>
> jud

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

Just one update for my x64 system with SP2 and IE 7 beta 3.
The update was Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
Service Pack 1 (KB886903).

--
Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
P4 3.73 GHz EE

"Jud Hendrix" wrote:

> Eight patches with one which "addresses a critical security problem"
> (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...ms06-040.mspx).
>
> jud

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Check here
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en)
and see what my "associate" Jud is talking about.
Carlos

"Maratonmannen" wrote:

> Just one update for my x64 system with SP2 and IE 7 beta 3.
> The update was Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
> Service Pack 1 (KB886903).
>
> --
> Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
> P4 3.73 GHz EE
> RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
> 2GB DDR2-800MHz@5-4-4-9-5
> GeForce 7800GTX (91.31)
> Samsung 24"
> Enermax 660W 35A@+12V
> 5049 3DMarks 06
> LAN 100/100
>

> "Jud Hendrix" wrote:
>
> > Eight patches with one which "addresses a critical security problem"
> > (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...ms06-040.mspx).
> >
> > jud

Colin Barnhorst

Yeah, but I only had three and the Malware Tool for x64.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check here
> (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en)
> and see what my "associate" Jud is talking about.
> Carlos
>
> "Maratonmannen" wrote:
>
>> Just one update for my x64 system with SP2 and IE 7 beta 3.
>> The update was Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
>> Service Pack 1 (KB886903).
>>
>> --
>> Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
>> P4 3.73 GHz EE
>> RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
>> 2GB DDR2-800MHz@5-4-4-9-5
>> GeForce 7800GTX (91.31)
>> Samsung 24"
>> Enermax 660W 35A@+12V
>> 5049 3DMarks 06
>> LAN 100/100
>>

>> "Jud Hendrix" wrote:
>>
>> > Eight patches with one which "addresses a critical security problem"
>> > (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...ms06-040.mspx).
>> >
>> > jud

Jud Hendrix

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:13:18 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
<colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote:

>Yeah, but I only had three and the Malware Tool for x64.

That's odd. I reinstalled x64 only last week, a new install, and had then
maybe 20 updates or so. I let auto-update check, and did a manual update as
well to see if nothing was missed out, but there wasn't. And this Tuesday I
had eight updates. Maybe you installed hotfixes from somewhere else?

jud

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

I did not manually install any hotfixes. My setting is "Notify me but don´t
automatically download or install them".
Could it be I have SP2 installed, I only had one update?

--

"Jud Hendrix" wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:13:18 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
> <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote:
>
> >Yeah, but I only had three and the Malware Tool for x64.

> That's odd. I reinstalled x64 only last week, a new install, and had then
> maybe 20 updates or so. I let auto-update check, and did a manual update as
> well to see if nothing was missed out, but there wasn't. And this Tuesday I
> had eight updates. Maybe you installed hotfixes from somewhere else?
>
> jud

Jud Hendrix

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:25:01 -0700, Maratonmannen
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Could it be I have SP2 installed, I only had one update?

That could be. I don't have SP2 so there's a difference

John Barnes

My settings are same as yours and I had 12 updates. 10 xp and related and 2
office

"Maratonmannen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I did not manually install any hotfixes. My setting is "Notify me but don´t
> automatically download or install them".
> Could it be I have SP2 installed, I only had one update?
>
> --
> Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
> P4 3.73 GHz EE
> RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
> 2GB DDR2-800MHz@5-4-4-9-5
> GeForce 7800GTX (91.31)
> Samsung 24"
> Enermax 660W 35A@+12V
> 5049 3DMarks 06
> LAN 100/100
>

> "Jud Hendrix" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:13:18 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
>> <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Yeah, but I only had three and the Malware Tool for x64.

>> That's odd. I reinstalled x64 only last week, a new install, and had then
>> maybe 20 updates or so. I let auto-update check, and did a manual update
>> as
>> well to see if nothing was missed out, but there wasn't. And this Tuesday
>> had eight updates. Maybe you installed hotfixes from somewhere else?
>>
>> jud

Aaron Kelley

Yes, they are not releasing updates for SP2 while it is in beta.

- Aaron