Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > recommendation USB WLAN Stick with 64 bit driver

recommendation USB WLAN Stick with 64 bit driver

Juergen Kluth

hi,
i look for 2 sticks for adhoc networking,

before i read the whole internet, does anyone know which is supported by
windows x_64

thanx 6 regards

Colin Barnhorst

What are you calling "sticks"? Cards? Usb access points?

"Juergen Kluth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi,
> i look for 2 sticks for adhoc networking,
>
> before i read the whole internet, does anyone know which is supported by
> windows x_64
>
> thanx 6 regards

Juergen Kluth

Adaptors (?)

Colin Barnhorst

I have used the Linksys usb wireless access points with my x64 box with
success.

Here is a whole page of adaptors:
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...VisitorWrapper

"Juergen Kluth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Adaptors (?)

=?Utf-8?B?cGFkZHk=?=

I am using this on a 32bit system fine, so i would presume it will run fine
on 64bit systems!

"Juergen Kluth" wrote:

> hi,
> i look for 2 sticks for adhoc networking,
>
> before i read the whole internet, does anyone know which is supported by
> windows x_64
>
> thanx 6 regards

Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2

Juergen:
Ralink has x64 drivers available for their chipsets the various
manufacturers using this chipset can be found at http://ralink.rapla.net/
and the divers at http://www.ralink.com.tw/supp-1.htm. Broadcom chipsets
also have drivers for x64 used by other manufacturers. As a side note in
Vista x64 the Ralink and Broadcom drivers install out of the box for PCI
wireless cards using these chipsets.