Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Realtek AC97 v3.91 drivers

Realtek AC97 v3.91 drivers

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

A new release of Realtek audio chipset drivers can be found here:
ftp://152.104.238.194/pc/ac97/alc650/WDM_A391.exe
Carlos

miso@sushi.com

Carlos wrote:
> A new release of Realtek audio chipset drivers can be found here:
> ftp://152.104.238.194/pc/ac97/alc650/WDM_A391.exe
> Carlos

Not that I don't trust you, but I would never load an executable from
some mystery IP address. I did go to the realtek page and load it from
there.

Unfortunately, it has not solved the X64 crash in HalfLIfe 2 "Dark
Energy."

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

My link is the official realtek download link.
I just pasted it from there.
Carlos

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Carlos wrote:
> > A new release of Realtek audio chipset drivers can be found here:
> > ftp://152.104.238.194/pc/ac97/alc650/WDM_A391.exe
> > Carlos

> Not that I don't trust you, but I would never load an executable from
> some mystery IP address. I did go to the realtek page and load it from
> there.
>
> Unfortunately, it has not solved the X64 crash in HalfLIfe 2 "Dark
> Energy."

Colin Barnhorst

Actually it is already showing up as an optional download in Windows Update
for Vista x86. I installed from there and have sound in 5472 x86 for the
first time. The update does not show up yet in WU on x64. I don't know
whether it is for x64 or not.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My link is the official realtek download link.
> I just pasted it from there.
> Carlos
>
> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
>

>> Carlos wrote:
>> > A new release of Realtek audio chipset drivers can be found here:
>> > ftp://152.104.238.194/pc/ac97/alc650/WDM_A391.exe
>> > Carlos

>> Not that I don't trust you, but I would never load an executable from
>> some mystery IP address. I did go to the realtek page and load it from
>> there.
>>
>> Unfortunately, it has not solved the X64 crash in HalfLIfe 2 "Dark
>> Energy."

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Considering the size of the download (27 megs) in Realtek site it should be
for both x86 and x64.
Have you already downloaded it
(ftp://152.104.238.194/pc/ac97/alc650...ta_Beta2.zip)?
Carlos

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Actually it is already showing up as an optional download in Windows Update
> for Vista x86. I installed from there and have sound in 5472 x86 for the
> first time. The update does not show up yet in WU on x64. I don't know
> whether it is for x64 or not.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My link is the official realtek download link.
> > I just pasted it from there.
> > Carlos

> >> Not that I don't trust you, but I would never load an executable from
> >> some mystery IP address. I did go to the realtek page and load it from
> >> there.
> >>
> >> Unfortunately, it has not solved the X64 crash in HalfLIfe 2 "Dark
> >> Energy."

Silvio N Oliveira

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True

"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

miso@sushi.com

Carlos wrote:
> My link is the official realtek download link.
> I just pasted it from there.
> Carlos
>
> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
>

> > Carlos wrote:
> > > A new release of Realtek audio chipset drivers can be found here:
> > > ftp://152.104.238.194/pc/ac97/alc650/WDM_A391.exe
> > > Carlos

> > Not that I don't trust you, but I would never load an executable from
> > some mystery IP address. I did go to the realtek page and load it from
> > there.
> >
> > Unfortunately, it has not solved the X64 crash in HalfLIfe 2 "Dark
> > Energy."

Yes, the link is correct. However, it is a bad practice to install
software from unknown links, unless you like trojan horses, spyware,
etc.

Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2

Miso:
Do things the way that make you comfortable. Carlos as with many of
us have been with this NG for a long time, all of us try to help what we
can. Carlos has taken pride in finding and posting new things available as
information for everybody to use or know about. To this date I haven't found
a driver to post before him and have thanked him many times for the insight
and work that he's done to keep us up to date.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Carlos wrote:
>> My link is the official realtek download link.
>> I just pasted it from there.
>> Carlos

>> > Not that I don't trust you, but I would never load an executable from
>> > some mystery IP address. I did go to the realtek page and load it from
>> > there.
>> >
>> > Unfortunately, it has not solved the X64 crash in HalfLIfe 2 "Dark
>> > Energy."
>> >

> Yes, the link is correct. However, it is a bad practice to install
> software from unknown links, unless you like trojan horses, spyware,
> etc.

Jane C

You don't install from links.....you save the executable to disk. That way
you can use your antivirus to scan the executable before running it. I
never 'run' anything, always 'save to disk' first.

Carlos always posts good links

--
Jane, not plain 64bit enabled

miso@sushi.com

Jane C wrote:
> You don't install from links.....you save the executable to disk. That way
> you can use your antivirus to scan the executable before running it. I
> never 'run' anything, always 'save to disk' first.
>
> Carlos always posts good links
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >
> > Carlos wrote:
> >> My link is the official realtek download link.
> >> I just pasted it from there.
> >> Carlos

> > Yes, the link is correct. However, it is a bad practice to install
> > software from unknown links, unless you like trojan horses, spyware,
> > etc.

Yes, nobody will ever pretend to be Carlos and post a link to a virus.
Oh, and those virus authors submit their viruses to the anti-virus
companies, so nobody is ever the first to get a virus that is
undetected.

How difficult is it to post this link?
<http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True>

More on topic, since this file works in 32 and 64 bits, is it really 64
bit software?