Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows 2003 64Bit

Windows 2003 64Bit

=?Utf-8?B?c2ltb24=?=

Hi,

Does anyone know what the maximum size of a physical LUN connected to
Windows Server 2003 64bit edition is?

For the 32bit version I know its 2TB.

I’ve searched all over the Microsoft site with no luck

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

i.am.not@home.org

simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what the maximum size of a physical LUN connected to
> Windows Server 2003 64bit edition is?
>
> For the 32bit version I know its 2TB.
>
> I’ve searched all over the Microsoft site with no luck
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Cheers

You need to clarify what you are looking for.

LUN
Last modified: Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Short for logical unit number, a unique
identifier used on a SCSI bus to distinguish
between devices that share the same bus. SCSI is
a parallel interface that allows up to 16
devices to be connected along a single cable.
The cable and the host adapter form the SCSI
bus, and this operates independently of the rest
of the computer. Each of the eight devices is
given a unique address by the SCSI BIOS, ranging
from 0 to 7 for an 8-bit bus or 0 to 15 for a
16-bit bus. Devices that request I/O processes
are called initiators. Targets are devices that
perform operations requested by initiators. Each
target can accommodate up to eight other
devices, known as logical units, and each is
assigned an LUN. Commands that are sent to the
SCSI controller identify devices based on their
LUNs.

A LUN is a device number, not a quantity or size.