Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > SQL Server 2000 Performance Monitors in Windows 2003 x64

Reply
Thread Tools

SQL Server 2000 Performance Monitors in Windows 2003 x64

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Um9kcmlnbw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2006
Hi to all:
I have recently migrated our SQL 2000 to a W2003 x64 Enterprise
Edition, and I'm trying to save performance counter to document performance.

I've started C:\windows\SysWOW64\perfmon.exe and I'm able to see SQL
counters, but when I try to save a new Counter Log for later analisys, no SQL
performance counter are saved only windows counters.

It seems that only x64 counters are saved and not SQL Server (SP4) counters.
I've have searched all the web trying to find some help but I wasn't able to
find any solution.

Can anyone help me with this?
thanks in advanced.
--
Rodrigo Acosta
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2006
You might find an answer more quickly over on one of the SQL Server
newsgroups. I don't run SQL Server on my x64 boxes (just on my SBS server),
and I haven't seen much discussion here about SQL.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64


Rodrigo wrote:
> Hi to all:
> I have recently migrated our SQL 2000 to a W2003 x64
> Enterprise Edition, and I'm trying to save performance counter to
> document performance.
>
> I've started C:\windows\SysWOW64\perfmon.exe and I'm able to see SQL
> counters, but when I try to save a new Counter Log for later analisys, no
> SQL performance counter are saved only windows counters.
>
> It seems that only x64 counters are saved and not SQL Server (SP4)
> counters. I've have searched all the web trying to find some help but I
> wasn't able to find any solution.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
> thanks in advanced.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Um9kcmlnbw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2006
Yes, I posted here because I think that is treated like a 32bits application.
And the problem is specific to the Windows 2003 x64 edition.
--
Rodrigo Acosta


"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> You might find an answer more quickly over on one of the SQL Server
> newsgroups. I don't run SQL Server on my x64 boxes (just on my SBS server),
> and I haven't seen much discussion here about SQL.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
>
> Rodrigo wrote:
> > Hi to all:
> > I have recently migrated our SQL 2000 to a W2003 x64
> > Enterprise Edition, and I'm trying to save performance counter to
> > document performance.
> >
> > I've started C:\windows\SysWOW64\perfmon.exe and I'm able to see SQL
> > counters, but when I try to save a new Counter Log for later analisys, no
> > SQL performance counter are saved only windows counters.
> >
> > It seems that only x64 counters are saved and not SQL Server (SP4)
> > counters. I've have searched all the web trying to find some help but I
> > wasn't able to find any solution.
> >
> > Can anyone help me with this?
> > thanks in advanced.

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Colin Barnhorst
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2006
It is "64bit" but it is also "64bit.general."

"Rodrigo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I posted here because I think that is treated like a 32bits
> application.
> And the problem is specific to the Windows 2003 x64 edition.
> --
> Rodrigo Acosta
>
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> You might find an answer more quickly over on one of the SQL Server
>> newsgroups. I don't run SQL Server on my x64 boxes (just on my SBS
>> server),
>> and I haven't seen much discussion here about SQL.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>>
>> Rodrigo wrote:
>> > Hi to all:
>> > I have recently migrated our SQL 2000 to a W2003 x64
>> > Enterprise Edition, and I'm trying to save performance counter to
>> > document performance.
>> >
>> > I've started C:\windows\SysWOW64\perfmon.exe and I'm able to see SQL
>> > counters, but when I try to save a new Counter Log for later analisys,
>> > no
>> > SQL performance counter are saved only windows counters.
>> >
>> > It seems that only x64 counters are saved and not SQL Server (SP4)
>> > counters. I've have searched all the web trying to find some help but I
>> > wasn't able to find any solution.
>> >
>> > Can anyone help me with this?
>> > thanks in advanced.

>>
>>
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrading from x32 Server 2003 r2 to x64 server 2003 r2 clucas009 Windows 64bit 4 03-26-2009 11:38 PM
Using Windows XP x64 Drivers with Windows Server 2003 x64 Steve Graddy Windows 64bit 9 10-22-2005 04:27 AM
Windows Server 2003 X64 RC2 or SImply XP Professional X64 Edition =?Utf-8?B?UGFzY2Fs?= Windows 64bit 6 09-25-2005 05:33 PM
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server OR Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Sam MCSE 11 06-03-2005 08:29 PM
ASP.Net Application - SQL Server 2000 Access Problem on Windows 2003 server from XP Vaap ASP .Net 2 01-01-2005 06:41 AM



Advertisments