Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless connection to AOL

Wireless connection to AOL

Ann Watts

I have recently set up a wireless home network with 2
computers both running Windows XP Home edition and AOL9.0
on broadband. They are linked via a Belkin router. I can
access the internet from either independently but cannot
access it from both simultaneously (I use different
screen names) I have run the Repair AOL connectivity
program.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Malke

Ann Watts wrote:

> I have recently set up a wireless home network with 2
> computers both running Windows XP Home edition and AOL9.0
> on broadband. They are linked via a Belkin router. I can
> access the internet from either independently but cannot
> access it from both simultaneously (I use different
> screen names) I have run the Repair AOL connectivity
> program.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks

If you are using AOL's Broadband, then you'll need to contact their tech
support. Quite a while ago (maybe last year?) I set up a client's
router to share AOL's Broadband (but wired) and at that time only the
Linksys router was supported. This may have changed by now, but you
would need to check with AOL.

If you do not use AOL to access the Internet but a different broadband
provider (and therefore use AOL's Bring Your Own Access plan), please
post back with details.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

=?Utf-8?B?d2lsb3RoZXdpc3A=?=

As you I recently set up the connection. Both laptop and main PC access AOL
at same time. Are you on Planinum or Gold services from aol as I believe
that ordinary AOL broadband does not support the multiple user on one account
service.
Hope this of help.