Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > "My computer" opens up the drives very slowly.

"My computer" opens up the drives very slowly.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmRyb28=?=

Hi,
When I click on 'my computer' icon, the available drives C, D, the memory
stick and removable disc takes time to open up. Previously it used to open
up instantly.
Could anyone help me to solve this problem?
Thank you.
chandroo

Colin Barnhorst

Remove the memory stick and see if response changes. If not, remove the
removable disc. I'll bet that there is something on one of them that needs
cleaning up.

"chandroo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> When I click on 'my computer' icon, the available drives C, D, the memory
> stick and removable disc takes time to open up. Previously it used to
> open
> up instantly.
> Could anyone help me to solve this problem?
> Thank you.
> chandroo

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmRyb28=?=

Thanks Colin for your quick response. Removing the memory stick and the
removable disc did not help. I forgot to mention that 'my computer' also
shows 2 memory_card referenced a) hp000d9d
--
chandroo

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Remove the memory stick and see if response changes. If not, remove the
> removable disc. I'll bet that there is something on one of them that needs
> cleaning up.
>
> "chandroo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > When I click on 'my computer' icon, the available drives C, D, the memory
> > stick and removable disc takes time to open up. Previously it used to
> > open
> > up instantly.
> > Could anyone help me to solve this problem?
> > Thank you.
> > chandroo

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmRyb28=?=

Sorry Colin! I got cut off.
'My computer' also shows 2 memory_card referenced hp000d9d066917c(y) and
hp000d9d2010cl(z).
I am using wireless HP all-in-one photosmart wirelessly. Perhaps these are
the troublemakers stopping me from opening up the 'my computer' fast.
Please advise
Thanks
chandroo

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Remove the memory stick and see if response changes. If not, remove the
> removable disc. I'll bet that there is something on one of them that needs
> cleaning up.
>
> "chandroo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > When I click on 'my computer' icon, the available drives C, D, the memory
> > stick and removable disc takes time to open up. Previously it used to
> > open
> > up instantly.
> > Could anyone help me to solve this problem?
> > Thank you.
> > chandroo

Charlie Russel - MVP

Almost certainly a network connection that has to wake up. If you've got a
wireless connection to the photosmart, it could well be that.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

chandroo wrote:
> Sorry Colin! I got cut off.
> 'My computer' also shows 2 memory_card referenced hp000d9d066917c(y) and
> hp000d9d2010cl(z).
> I am using wireless HP all-in-one photosmart wirelessly. Perhaps these
> are the troublemakers stopping me from opening up the 'my computer' fast.
> Please advise
> Thanks
> chandroo
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> Remove the memory stick and see if response changes. If not, remove the
>> removable disc. I'll bet that there is something on one of them that
>> needs cleaning up.
>>
>> "chandroo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>> When I click on 'my computer' icon, the available drives C, D, the
>>> memory stick and removable disc takes time to open up. Previously it
>>> used to open
>>> up instantly.
>>> Could anyone help me to solve this problem?
>>> Thank you.
>>> chandroo

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmRyb28=?=

Hi Charlie and Collin,
I decided to un-install the hp photosmart wireless printer and now the
problem has been solved. Thanks for the assistance.
chandroo

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Almost certainly a network connection that has to wake up. If you've got a
> wireless connection to the photosmart, it could well be that.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> chandroo wrote:
> > Sorry Colin! I got cut off.
> > 'My computer' also shows 2 memory_card referenced hp000d9d066917c(y) and
> > hp000d9d2010cl(z).
> > I am using wireless HP all-in-one photosmart wirelessly. Perhaps these
> > are the troublemakers stopping me from opening up the 'my computer' fast.
> > Please advise
> > Thanks
> > chandroo
> >

> > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> >
> >> Remove the memory stick and see if response changes. If not, remove the
> >> removable disc. I'll bet that there is something on one of them that
> >> needs cleaning up.
> >>
> >> "chandroo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Colin Barnhorst

You're welcome.