Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > My computer is all symbols! (Marlette)

My computer is all symbols! (Marlette)

=?Utf-8?B?bGF1cmFtYW55YXA=?=

Ok,
so my computer shows up in all Marlette font. I can only navigate around it
by rememering what all the icons are on the desktop. I tried to restore my
computer to an earlier time but that did not work (there was only one date
this month available and it wouldn't let me go back a month). I found
something online that tells me to add fonts to the registry, but I can't read
anything when I open the registry editor so it doesn't really help. I tried
to reinstall the operating system (all I have is the Millenium disc even
though my computer has XP) but it won't work.

If anyone can help me I would GREATLY appreciat it! thanks, Laura

Tony Sperling

Wow! Good memory training system!

First off - have a look at your language settings, if that's all normal you
should try a 'Repair Install' - boot your original CD and go on just as if
you were to make a proper installation, the system will offer to repair any
earlier installations it finds, keeps your personal files and setup, but you
will have to allow for Windows Update to re-install all previous updates to
the system.

(If this is not a 64bit question, you might want to try one of ms's public
newsgroups that have 'windowsxp' in it?)

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...