Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > win xp pro sp2 64 bit is a multi processor or a uni processor

=?Utf-8?B?dW1lc2g=?=

hi

i wana know does win xp pro sp2 64 bit support multi processor technolgy or
not..

thanks
umesh

Colin Barnhorst

It supports two processor sockets, each of which may use a multi-core
processor.

"umesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
>
> i wana know does win xp pro sp2 64 bit support multi processor technolgy
> or
> not..
>

> thanks
> umesh

Charlie Russel - MVP

There is currently no SP2 for Windows XP x64 Edition. Reportedly, one is in
beta. In any case, Windows XP Professional, whether 32-bit or 64-bit,
supports two processor sockets. If they're dual core, it still supports two
sockets, so thus 4 processors.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

umesh wrote:
> hi
>
> i wana know does win xp pro sp2 64 bit support multi processor technolgy
> or not..
>

> thanks
> umesh

Admiral Q

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> There is currently no SP2 for Windows XP x64 Edition. Reportedly, one is
> in beta. In any case, Windows XP Professional, whether 32-bit or 64-bit,
> supports two processor sockets. If they're dual core, it still supports
> two sockets, so thus 4 processors.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> umesh wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> i wana know does win xp pro sp2 64 bit support multi processor technolgy
>> or not..
>>

>> thanks
>> umesh

Unless they are dual-core with hyperthreading on, as the Xeon series are,
then XP thinks there are 8.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!

Google is your Friend!
http://www.google.com

Charlie Russel - MVP

whatever. My point remains unchanged. It's sockets that count.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64