Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Retirement of MCSA/MCSE 2000 Certification

Retirement of MCSA/MCSE 2000 Certification

=?Utf-8?B?QmFtYnVz?=

Has anyone heard anything about Microsoft retiring the 2000 Certifications or for those who are MCSA/MCSE certified in 2000 to have until the end of 2004 to upgrade to Server 2003?

Neil

=?Utf-8?B?QmFtYnVz?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Has anyone heard anything about Microsoft retiring the 2000
> Certifications or for those who are MCSA/MCSE certified in 2000 to
> have until the end of 2004 to upgrade to Server 2003?

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/faq.asp says:

Q. I have passed some Windows 2000 exams. Will I be required to complete
my certification with Windows 2000 exams? Or will I be able to complete
my certification with both Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 exams?

A. Microsoft has developed independent certification requirements for
Windows Server 2003. The certification requirements for Microsoft
Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Windows Server 2003 differ from
those for MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000. However, if you complete your
MCSE or MCSA certification in Windows 2000, you will have the opportunity
to take advantage of an upgrade path that will enable you to update your
certification to Windows Server 2003 in a time- and cost-effective
manner. See MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification
Requirements for exam details.

STFW!

--
Neil MCNGP #30

TheUnknownLegend

it...here's their response:
I hope this helps you out

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the MCSE 2000
Certification.

We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion.
However, Microsoft
Certifications are valid as long as the exams used to
achieve the
certification have not been retired. We are committed to
ensuring that
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications are
at all times
relevant, valued, and respected credentials that identify
skilled and
experienced developers and information technology (IT)
professionals. To
fulfill this commitment, Microsoft certification
requirements must keep pace
with technology advancements.

The MCP program continually monitors current industry
trends and makes
appropriate changes. Microsoft develops new exams and
discontinues
others to ensure that all exams reflect current job
roles. To help you
manage your certification and training plan, all
certification exams will
be available for at least two years from the release date
of the exam.
(Please see the preparation guide of the exam you are
interested in,
which includes the date the exam was released.)
Announcements of exams
that are scheduled for discontinuation will be made once
a year in June on
this Web site. By upgrading your exams, you will ensure
that your
certification remains current. Microsoft will only retire
a certification
when Microsoft has determined that the certification in
question no
longer has an industry demand to support it. Candidates
who subscribe to the
online newsletter MCP NewsFlash at
http://microsoft.com/traincert/newsletters/ will receive
notification
by e-mail of an exams impending discontinuation at least
12 months
before that exam is no longer available. Exam status
information will also
be available at this Web site at all times.

The Exams Scheduled for Discontinuation table at
http://microsoft.com/traincert/mcpex...us/examstoreti
re.asp shows
which exams have been selected for discontinuation and
how new exams
may correspond to the exams that will no longer be
available. It also
contains information on how the discontinuations might
affect your
certification. The Discontinued Exams table at
http://microsoft.com/traincert/mcpex...us/examsretire
d.asp shows
which exams are no longer available.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let
us know. Thank
you for contacting Microsoft.

Vincent
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert

Windows 2000 exams retirement =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9zIElnbmFjaW8gVGFwaWE=?= MCSE 12 08-09-2007 03:26 PM
MCSD 70-3xx .NET Retirement? hezekiahmunson MCSD 3 06-07-2004 05:14 PM
MCSD Retirement Question Kevin MCSD 24 04-22-2004 05:43 AM
ms 2000 server retirement plans official Rowdy Yates MCSE 1 12-19-2003 05:20 PM
Here is Microsoft's list of product support retirement dates: MCSD 0 12-09-2003 04:37 PM

Advertisments