Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > OS freezes using dial-up connection

OS freezes using dial-up connection

=?Utf-8?B?TW9oYW1tYWQgUi4gRmF0YWg=?=

Greetings,

My Ferrari 4006 freeze after several minutes using ISP dial-up connection.
When it hang, nothing can I do to solve it..unless pressing the power button.
Is that the hardware issue or something else??

Thanks
MRF

Colin Barnhorst

Check to be sure the modem driver is for XP Pro x64.

"Mohammad R. Fatah" <Mohammad R. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings,
>
> My Ferrari 4006 freeze after several minutes using ISP dial-up connection.
> When it hang, nothing can I do to solve it..unless pressing the power
> button.
> Is that the hardware issue or something else??
>
> Thanks
> MRF

Charlie Russel - MVP

I'm not on dialup, but I did notice there was an updated x64 Modem driver on
the Acer site. Not sure if it's showing on the main page, but if not, go to
the European ftp site. They always seem to have the most current drivers.
ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/note...ver/winxp64bit

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Mohammad R. Fatah wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> My Ferrari 4006 freeze after several minutes using ISP dial-up connection.
> When it hang, nothing can I do to solve it..unless pressing the power
> button. Is that the hardware issue or something else??
>
> Thanks
> MRF

John Barnes

Does the mouse work. When I was on dial-up, I had the same except I could
use the mouse. I had to launch task manager before dialing into the ISP and
after dialing in, I had to stop explorer.exe (process page)and then restart
it (application page). At least one other poster had a similar problem.

"Mohammad R. Fatah" <Mohammad R. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings,
>
> My Ferrari 4006 freeze after several minutes using ISP dial-up connection.
> When it hang, nothing can I do to solve it..unless pressing the power
> button.
> Is that the hardware issue or something else??
>
> Thanks
> MRF

=?Utf-8?B?TW9oYW1tYWQgUi4gRmF0YWg=?=

It was exactly what you told..modem driver. Once installing the new driver,
now I can enjoy my powerfull F4006..

thanks a lot,
MRF