Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > SPTD Error in Event viewer: SOLVED!

SPTD Error in Event viewer: SOLVED!

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

I finally installed the SPTDinst X64 from Daemon Tools
(http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5) and
solved the error in event viewer.
Had to install it via the command line thing: "sptdinst_x64.exe add"
Now stpd.sys is version 1.25
The boogie one was 1.24
One of these days I'll try removing it with "sptdinst_x64.exe remove"
Carlos

Tony Sperling

Did you also uncover why it was complaining about something that wasn't
installed in the first place? (or shouldn't be)

Tony. . .

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I finally installed the SPTDinst X64 from Daemon Tools
> (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5)

and
> solved the error in event viewer.
> Had to install it via the command line thing: "sptdinst_x64.exe add"
> Now stpd.sys is version 1.25
> The boogie one was 1.24
> One of these days I'll try removing it with "sptdinst_x64.exe remove"
> Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Tony:
It was somehow installed but v1.25 didn't agree with it (it said it wasn't
installed).
So, I decided to install it (with the "add" command line option).
No more red marks on event viewer.
As a matter of fact I'm trying to solve why my XP x64 waits for almost one
minute to display all (not many) of the systray icons.
Disk activity is high but there is this cumbersome delay that I want to work
out.
I also solved two DCOM red marks in event viewer and disabled PDsched and
PDengine (from Raxco perfectdisk) with no improvement in boot speed.
I am now with a "no event viewer problem PC", high disk activity high boot PC.
BTW, boot drive is WD200GB SATA2 with latest SATA controllers from NVidia.
Carlos

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> Did you also uncover why it was complaining about something that wasn't
> installed in the first place? (or shouldn't be)
>

> Tony. . .

> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I finally installed the SPTDinst X64 from Daemon Tools
> > (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5)

> and
> > solved the error in event viewer.
> > Had to install it via the command line thing: "sptdinst_x64.exe add"
> > Now stpd.sys is version 1.25
> > The boogie one was 1.24
> > One of these days I'll try removing it with "sptdinst_x64.exe remove"
> > Carlos

Tony Sperling

If theSATA driver loads some kind of control/setup applet at boot-time, you
might try and disable that, and keep it as a menu option only. I had one of
those that came with my Maxtor or the SiS chip (don't remember), took quite
some time to load. Or one of those 'buggers' are calling up something on the
Internet?

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony:
> It was somehow installed but v1.25 didn't agree with it (it said it wasn't
> installed).
> So, I decided to install it (with the "add" command line option).
> No more red marks on event viewer.
> As a matter of fact I'm trying to solve why my XP x64 waits for almost one
> minute to display all (not many) of the systray icons.
> Disk activity is high but there is this cumbersome delay that I want to

work
> out.
> I also solved two DCOM red marks in event viewer and disabled PDsched and
> PDengine (from Raxco perfectdisk) with no improvement in boot speed.
> I am now with a "no event viewer problem PC", high disk activity high boot

PC.
> BTW, boot drive is WD200GB SATA2 with latest SATA controllers from NVidia.
> Carlos
>
> "Tony Sperling" wrote:
>
> > Did you also uncover why it was complaining about something that wasn't
> > installed in the first place? (or shouldn't be)
> >

> > Tony. . .
> >

> > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I finally installed the SPTDinst X64 from Daemon Tools

(http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5)
> > and
> > > solved the error in event viewer.
> > > Had to install it via the command line thing: "sptdinst_x64.exe add"
> > > Now stpd.sys is version 1.25
> > > The boogie one was 1.24
> > > One of these days I'll try removing it with "sptdinst_x64.exe remove"
> > > Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

As a matter of fact the boot process "waits" that eternal minute showing the
remove hardware icon on the systray.
The same one that "suggests" you to remove your SATA drives.
Nothing removable is connected at boot time, though.
Carlos

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> If theSATA driver loads some kind of control/setup applet at boot-time, you
> might try and disable that, and keep it as a menu option only. I had one of
> those that came with my Maxtor or the SiS chip (don't remember), took quite
> some time to load. Or one of those 'buggers' are calling up something on the
> Internet?
>
> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Tony:
> > It was somehow installed but v1.25 didn't agree with it (it said it wasn't
> > installed).
> > So, I decided to install it (with the "add" command line option).
> > No more red marks on event viewer.
> > As a matter of fact I'm trying to solve why my XP x64 waits for almost one
> > minute to display all (not many) of the systray icons.
> > Disk activity is high but there is this cumbersome delay that I want to

> work
> > out.
> > I also solved two DCOM red marks in event viewer and disabled PDsched and
> > PDengine (from Raxco perfectdisk) with no improvement in boot speed.
> > I am now with a "no event viewer problem PC", high disk activity high boot

> PC.
> > BTW, boot drive is WD200GB SATA2 with latest SATA controllers from NVidia.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Tony Sperling" wrote:
> >
> > > Did you also uncover why it was complaining about something that wasn't
> > > installed in the first place? (or shouldn't be)
> > >

> > > Tony. . .
> > >

> > > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > >

> (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5)
> > > and

Tony Sperling

Unless, perhaps the drive has a 'HotSwap' built-in functionality?

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As a matter of fact the boot process "waits" that eternal minute showing

the
> remove hardware icon on the systray.
> The same one that "suggests" you to remove your SATA drives.
> Nothing removable is connected at boot time, though.
> Carlos
>
> "Tony Sperling" wrote:
>
> > If theSATA driver loads some kind of control/setup applet at boot-time,

you
> > might try and disable that, and keep it as a menu option only. I had one

of
> > those that came with my Maxtor or the SiS chip (don't remember), took

quite
> > some time to load. Or one of those 'buggers' are calling up something on

the
> > Internet?
> >
> > Tony. . .
> >

> > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Tony:
> > > It was somehow installed but v1.25 didn't agree with it (it said it

wasn't
> > > installed).
> > > So, I decided to install it (with the "add" command line option).
> > > No more red marks on event viewer.
> > > As a matter of fact I'm trying to solve why my XP x64 waits for almost

one
> > > minute to display all (not many) of the systray icons.
> > > Disk activity is high but there is this cumbersome delay that I want

> > work
> > > out.
> > > I also solved two DCOM red marks in event viewer and disabled PDsched

and
> > > PDengine (from Raxco perfectdisk) with no improvement in boot speed.
> > > I am now with a "no event viewer problem PC", high disk activity high

boot
> > PC.
> > > BTW, boot drive is WD200GB SATA2 with latest SATA controllers from

NVidia.
> > > Carlos

wasn't

> > (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5)

add"

remove"

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

One last thing...
The "sptdinst_x64.exe remove" thing does remove the driver but brings back
one error in event viewer (different number this time).
So I humbly reinstalled it with "sptdinst_x64.exe add"
Seems we'll have to live together until the nextr fresh x64 install.
Carlos