Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > SPTD error in Event Viewer

SPTD error in Event Viewer

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Charlie:
It doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
"Add" and "Remove" are just command-line options (no "/", no "-" needed) for
the exe program.
I tried the "remove" option which in fact did remove the program but also
brought again the sptd error (different error #) in event viewer on the next
reboot.
So I decided to "add" it again and live happily ever after (at least until
the next fresh install).
Carlos

"Charlie Russel" wrote:

> Yes, I'd do that. If you actually see it in Add/Remove, I'd first remove the
> old one, though, just in case.
>
> Charlie.
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I guess I'll have to figure out what or who installed SPTD on my PC because
> > Alcohol 120% is not there.
> > By what I mean: program
> > By who I mean: my kid or any of his friends while I am absent.
> > I might just well try to install the SPTDinst X64 from Daemon Tools
> > (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5)
> > and
> > see if that fixes it.
> > Carlos
> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Alcohol 120 or some such? SPTD is not a standard part of the install, but
> >> an
> >> add-on that several DVD programs use.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

USGrant USGrant is offline
Junior Member

I have downloaded and installed the new version 1.56 from duplexsecure.com.

It is free and it fixes -- on my system at least -- these sptd.sys errors. The old file caused many crashes with Firefox.

I have an old install of Alcohol 120, though I never use it.