Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > flash player for win64

flash player for win64

PaulM

No its not! Its IE32, not IE64 for default browser. If you are in OE and
click on a link, then it is IE64..

--
--Paul--
www.paulsxp.com

"Benjamin Gawert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>* John Barnes:
>
>> Because, as I said, it automatically launches from OE and is a pain to
>> copy/paste to an IE32 version. I agree nothing about it works better.
>> How many emails have you gotten from Microsoft, clicked on a link, then
>> be bugged by the admonition to install the flash player? Then you have
>> to either pass or copy paste to an IE32 window.

> Right, I forgot that the default browser in xp x64 is IE64 because I use
> Firefox. It's a stupid default setting. Maybe there is a way to set the
> default to 32bit IE?
>
> Benjamin

Benjamin Gawert

* PaulM:

> No its not! Its IE32, not IE64 for default browser. If you are in OE and
> click on a link, then it is IE64..

Oh, ok. As I said I don't use IE (mainly because Firefox is at the
moment more compfortable with tabbed browsing etc than IE but not
necessarily better, I'll probably switch back to IE as soon as IE7 is
final) except for Windows update.

There probably is a way to tell OE to use IE32 instead (i.e. via a
registry setting).

Benjamin

=?Utf-8?B?U3BpcmVmbQ==?=

2 questions.
1) OE to me means Outlook Express but that's not in Vista so what do you
mean by OE?
2) Both my Interner Explorers (in Program Files and program Files (x86))
appear to be the 64 bit version as the file IDs are identical. Surely if they
were different the file ID would be different too?
For whatever reason I can't get Flash Player or Java to work at all.
Colin

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote:

> * PaulM:
>
> > No its not! Its IE32, not IE64 for default browser. If you are in OE and
> > click on a link, then it is IE64..

> Oh, ok. As I said I don't use IE (mainly because Firefox is at the
> moment more compfortable with tabbed browsing etc than IE but not
> necessarily better, I'll probably switch back to IE as soon as IE7 is
> final) except for Windows update.
>
> There probably is a way to tell OE to use IE32 instead (i.e. via a
> registry setting).
>
> Benjamin

mikeyhsd

file IDs maybe the same but the programs are different.
to get flash to install you need to run the (86) 32 bit IE and navigate to flash install page.
if you use the 64 bit IE flash WILL not install, it is not compitable.

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote:

> * PaulM:
>
> > No its not! Its IE32, not IE64 for default browser. If you are in OE and
> > click on a link, then it is IE64..

> Oh, ok. As I said I don't use IE (mainly because Firefox is at the
> moment more compfortable with tabbed browsing etc than IE but not
> necessarily better, I'll probably switch back to IE as soon as IE7 is
> final) except for Windows update.
>
> There probably is a way to tell OE to use IE32 instead (i.e. via a
> registry setting).
>
> Benjamin

=?Utf-8?B?U3BpcmVmbQ==?=

Tried that - won't install. As I said there appears to be no difference
whatsoever between my "32" & "64" bit versions of IE. I tried to reinstal IE
7 from the MS site which said it was the right version for my machine only to
get a message saying "IE 7 is not compatible with Vista" during the instal
process, so I'm stuck with what I've got and I'm not keen to reinstal Vista
in the vague hope that it would correct my IE problems. Colin

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> file IDs maybe the same but the programs are different.
> to get flash to install you need to run the (86) 32 bit IE and navigate to flash install page.
> if you use the 64 bit IE flash WILL not install, it is not compitable.
>

> (E-Mail Removed)
>

> "Spirefm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 2 questions.
> 1) OE to me means Outlook Express but that's not in Vista so what do you
> mean by OE?
> 2) Both my Interner Explorers (in Program Files and program Files (x86))
> appear to be the 64 bit version as the file IDs are identical. Surely if they
> were different the file ID would be different too?
> For whatever reason I can't get Flash Player or Java to work at all.
> Colin
>

> "Benjamin Gawert" wrote:
>
> > * PaulM:
> >
> > > No its not! Its IE32, not IE64 for default browser. If you are in OE and
> > > click on a link, then it is IE64..

> > Oh, ok. As I said I don't use IE (mainly because Firefox is at the
> > moment more compfortable with tabbed browsing etc than IE but not
> > necessarily better, I'll probably switch back to IE as soon as IE7 is
> > final) except for Windows update.
> >
> > There probably is a way to tell OE to use IE32 instead (i.e. via a
> > registry setting).
> >
> > Benjamin

Charlie Russel - MVP

The Vista equivalent to OE is Windows Mail.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Spirefm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>2 questions.
> 1) OE to me means Outlook Express but that's not in Vista so what do you
> mean by OE?
> 2) Both my Interner Explorers (in Program Files and program Files (x86))
> appear to be the 64 bit version as the file IDs are identical. Surely if
> they
> were different the file ID would be different too?
> For whatever reason I can't get Flash Player or Java to work at all.
> Colin
>

> "Benjamin Gawert" wrote:
>
>> * PaulM:
>>
>> > No its not! Its IE32, not IE64 for default browser. If you are in OE
>> > and
>> > click on a link, then it is IE64..

>> Oh, ok. As I said I don't use IE (mainly because Firefox is at the
>> moment more compfortable with tabbed browsing etc than IE but not
>> necessarily better, I'll probably switch back to IE as soon as IE7 is
>> final) except for Windows update.
>>
>> There probably is a way to tell OE to use IE32 instead (i.e. via a
>> registry setting).
>>
>> Benjamin

=?Utf-8?B?U3BpcmVmbQ==?=

I've managed to get the 32 bit version of IE7 working now. That gives me
Download Express working (which doesn't with 64 bit) and I have Flash Player
8 OK but apparently not Java. Colin

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> The Vista equivalent to OE is Windows Mail.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Spirefm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >2 questions.
> > 1) OE to me means Outlook Express but that's not in Vista so what do you
> > mean by OE?
> > 2) Both my Interner Explorers (in Program Files and program Files (x86))
> > appear to be the 64 bit version as the file IDs are identical. Surely if
> > they
> > were different the file ID would be different too?
> > For whatever reason I can't get Flash Player or Java to work at all.
> > Colin
> >

> > "Benjamin Gawert" wrote:
> >
> >> * PaulM:

> >> Oh, ok. As I said I don't use IE (mainly because Firefox is at the
> >> moment more compfortable with tabbed browsing etc than IE but not
> >> necessarily better, I'll probably switch back to IE as soon as IE7 is
> >> final) except for Windows update.
> >>
> >> There probably is a way to tell OE to use IE32 instead (i.e. via a
> >> registry setting).
> >>
> >> Benjamin

Balzarius Balzarius is offline
Junior Member

Here the solution to get IE32 bit as the default web browser from a click in OE6...

In the next registry key :

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\IEXPLORE.EXE

Change the path from "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"

and the other too. "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer;" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer;"

Voilą!

It work for me...

Bye