Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Epson 4490 photo scanner & 64 bit

Epson 4490 photo scanner & 64 bit

Little Red

Do scanners such as the Epson 4490 work with XP 64?

Colin Barnhorst

Did you check the Epson site?
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...dows&x=14&y=12
The XP Pro x64 driver package is the second driver package listed for
Windows.

"Little Red" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do scanners such as the Epson 4490 work with XP 64?

Larry Hodges

Is this where we call him lazy because he didn't even bother to check the
Epson site before posting?

I've become cynical these days. I know...I'm trying to deal with it.

-Larry

news:ea08%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did you check the Epson site?
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...dows&x=14&y=12
> The XP Pro x64 driver package is the second driver package listed for
> Windows.
>
> "Little Red" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Do scanners such as the Epson 4490 work with XP 64?

Colin Barnhorst

May not be a 'him.' I guess its OK to comment on research skills if one is
giving the answer anyway. I don't know. Some days yes, some days no.

"Larry Hodges" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Is this where we call him lazy because he didn't even bother to check the
> Epson site before posting?
>
> I've become cynical these days. I know...I'm trying to deal with it.
>
> -Larry

> news:ea08%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Did you check the Epson site?
>> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...dows&x=14&y=12
>> The XP Pro x64 driver package is the second driver package listed for
>> Windows.
>>
>> "Little Red" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Do scanners such as the Epson 4490 work with XP 64?

Larry Hodges

Well, let's retrace the events...

OP says to him/herself, "gee, I wonder if my scanner has drivers for that
thar fancy x64 oporating sistam. I wunder how I would find out?

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

What's the name of that scannor? Epsoon, Sapsoon...Samsonite. Man, I was
way off! I think I'll post on the news grupe since I'm sure the Samsonite
scanner doesn't have drivers on their website."

-Larry

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> May not be a 'him.' I guess its OK to comment on research skills if one
> is giving the answer anyway. I don't know. Some days yes, some days no.
>
> "Larry Hodges" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Is this where we call him lazy because he didn't even bother to check the
>> Epson site before posting?
>>
>> I've become cynical these days. I know...I'm trying to deal with it.
>>
>> -Larry

>> news:ea08%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Did you check the Epson site?
>>> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...dows&x=14&y=12
>>> The XP Pro x64 driver package is the second driver package listed for
>>> Windows.
>>>
>>> "Little Red" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Little Red

No, I did not check because I don't yet have the scanner, but now that I
know that this particular scanner has 64 bit drivers, I'll buy it. Thank you
very mych for the link Have a great day!

news:ea08%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did you check the Epson site?
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...dows&x=14&y=12
> The XP Pro x64 driver package is the second driver package listed for
> Windows.

Little Red

Sorry. Some of us are not as savy as you.

"Larry Hodges" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Is this where we call him lazy because he didn't even bother to check the
> Epson site before posting?
>
> I've become cynical these days. I know...I'm trying to deal with it.
>
> -Larry

John Boy

Maybe not, but the best place to check first for
drivers and such is the manufacturers site
and/or their tech support. You get your answers
faster, usually, and you get the most current
information straight from the horse's mouth, not
from the other end.

Little Red wrote:
> Sorry. Some of us are not as savy as you.
>
> "Larry Hodges" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Is this where we call him lazy because he didn't even bother to check the
>> Epson site before posting?
>>
>> I've become cynical these days. I know...I'm trying to deal with it.
>>
>> -Larry

John Boy

P.S.

If you're not "savvy" then why are you messing
with Win x64?

Little Red wrote:
> Sorry. Some of us are not as savy as you.
>
> "Larry Hodges" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Is this where we call him lazy because he didn't even bother to check the
>> Epson site before posting?
>>
>> I've become cynical these days. I know...I'm trying to deal with it.
>>
>> -Larry

Colin Barnhorst

You're welcome.