Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > VistaBootPro and x64 - multiboot BCD

VistaBootPro and x64 - multiboot BCD

Colin Barnhorst

Yes. The drivers option looks very interesting.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looks like a falling out between the person who wrote VBP originally, and
> the folks he was working with. So he went off on his own and wrote a new
> version. It's better, IMHO.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>> I'll have to check that one out. For 5456 I had to copy bcdedit.exe out
>> of the System32 folder and replace the file in VBP with it. Then it
>> worked fine.

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> In addition, VistaBootPro has been superceded on my machines by easyBCD.
>>> More options, and it works with later builds.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Charlie Russel - MVP

Use with caution - I've seen reports of drivers loaded that way that then
blue screened. OTOH, I know Barb is using it to get her Wireless card
working, since the driver isn't signed.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> Yes. The drivers option looks very interesting.

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Looks like a falling out between the person who wrote VBP originally, and
>> the folks he was working with. So he went off on his own and wrote a new
>> version. It's better, IMHO.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>>> I'll have to check that one out. For 5456 I had to copy bcdedit.exe out
>>> of the System32 folder and replace the file in VBP with it. Then it
>>> worked fine.
>>>
>>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Barb Bowman

yup. no problems so far.

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 14:49:37 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>OTOH, I know Barb is using it to get her Wireless card
>working, since the driver isn't signed.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP