Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Scalable networking pack will not install!

Scalable networking pack will not install!

=?Utf-8?B?VHJpeC5Sb3g=?=

I just did a clean install of Windows XP x64. After that I installed all my
proper drivers (mostly nvidia) and I updated completely with Windows Update.
In addition to Windows Update hotfixes, I wanted to install the scalable
networking pack. See here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=912222 for more
information on that. The problem is at the end of the install, it says
"Failed to migrate dependent packages." Anyone know why this error is
occuring, or how to fix it. I am sorta stuck on that one of the new hotfixes
broke it, for it has always worked for me before. Thanks!

Tony Sperling

It sounds a though everything that the software is dependent on isn't
installed on the machine - if you know that it really is, perhaps you need
to re-boot in order for it to be recognized. Also, do note that often all
the updates isn't updating right away, sometimes it can take several
re-boots over a couple of days in my experience before you have everything
in place.

Check with the product home site, or any Readme's for info on what
dependencies it relies on for a successful installation to complete.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...