Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Outlook 2003 + Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003 + Exchange 2003

Miguel Jamous

Hello,

I have windows XP64 professional, fresh install.
I cannot connect my outlook 2003 to exchange 2003, online and offline.
I get an error of access, with windows 32 i have no problem.
Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set
folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your
administrator if this condition persists.
I have reinstall several times outlook but no success.

Does anybody have the same problem ?
any idea ?

Regards,
Miguel

Charlie Russel - MVP

Two possibilities - one, are you on an Nvidia based motherboard? If so, you
need to first install and then uninstall the nvidia firewall application.

second possibility - is this an SBS Premium installation? If so, there's a
hot fix for ISA you need (or simply install the ISA 2004 SP2 bits, that
includes it.)

For more details on both of these, see my blog entries on it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Miguel Jamous wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have windows XP64 professional, fresh install.
> I cannot connect my outlook 2003 to exchange 2003, online and offline.
> I get an error of access, with windows 32 i have no problem.
> Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set
> folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your
> administrator if this condition persists.
> I have reinstall several times outlook but no success.
>
> Does anybody have the same problem ?
> any idea ?
>
> Regards,
> Miguel

Miguel Jamous

Hello Charlie,

Thanks for your answer,

but unfortunally i don't have a nvidia based motherboard, but an asus p5wd2
premium with a pci express nvidia Geforce 6200. no firewall software
included. I don't understand why i need isa 2004 sp2, since i am accessing
through the local lan, but i will installed anyway.
I will post the results later

Regards,
Miguel

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Two possibilities - one, are you on an Nvidia based motherboard? If so,
> you need to first install and then uninstall the nvidia firewall
> application.
>
> second possibility - is this an SBS Premium installation? If so, there's
> a hot fix for ISA you need (or simply install the ISA 2004 SP2 bits, that
> includes it.)
>
> For more details on both of these, see my blog entries on it.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> Miguel Jamous wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have windows XP64 professional, fresh install.
>> I cannot connect my outlook 2003 to exchange 2003, online and offline.
>> I get an error of access, with windows 32 i have no problem.
>> Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The
>> set
>> folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your
>> administrator if this condition persists.
>> I have reinstall several times outlook but no success.
>>
>> Does anybody have the same problem ?
>> any idea ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Miguel

Charlie Russel - MVP

If you're on an SBS network, there's a problem with RPC handling between x64
and the server.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Miguel Jamous wrote:
> Hello Charlie,
>
> Thanks for your answer,
>
> but unfortunally i don't have a nvidia based motherboard, but an asus
> p5wd2 premium with a pci express nvidia Geforce 6200. no firewall software
> included. I don't understand why i need isa 2004 sp2, since i am accessing
> through the local lan, but i will installed anyway.
> I will post the results later
>
> Regards,
> Miguel

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Two possibilities - one, are you on an Nvidia based motherboard? If so,
>> you need to first install and then uninstall the nvidia firewall
>> application.
>>
>> second possibility - is this an SBS Premium installation? If so, there's
>> a hot fix for ISA you need (or simply install the ISA 2004 SP2 bits, that
>> includes it.)
>>
>> For more details on both of these, see my blog entries on it.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> Miguel Jamous wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have windows XP64 professional, fresh install.
>>> I cannot connect my outlook 2003 to exchange 2003, online and offline.
>>> I get an error of access, with windows 32 i have no problem.
>>> Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The
>>> set
>>> folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your
>>> administrator if this condition persists.
>>> I have reinstall several times outlook but no success.
>>>
>>> Does anybody have the same problem ?
>>> any idea ?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Miguel