Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > system hangs on acpitabl.dat

system hangs on acpitabl.dat

I'm not sure but this may be an xp32 problem more than xp 64. My laptop an
MSI 1013 came preloaded with xp64 and recently I added xp32 to the second
partition (duel boot). On two occasions now during boot the system hangs
while trying to load acpitable.dat, this is on the xp32 side but if I power
off and try to boot on the 64 side it will hang on the same point.

To get around it I have to take the battery out of the pc and let it sit for
about 5 mins and then power it up.

I'm wondering what I can do to fix this?

Thanks for your help.

Here are the specs for the machine

Turion MT-37 64 mobile
2 GB. DDR 333/400 SDRAM modules
Chipset:ATI RS480M + SB400
Hard Drive:Supports 2.5" 9.5mm IDE HDD with Ultra ATA-100 up to 100GB
Graphics:ATI Radeon® Xpress 200M
Display:12.1" TFT WXGA (internal Max: 1280 x 800 resolutions)
Optical Drive(s):8X Dual Format DVD Burner
Networking:Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
Modem:Integrated AV.92/56K fax/modem
PCMCIA Slots:One PCMCIA 2.1 Type II slot
Pointing Device:Built-in touchpad with 2 click buttons
Sound:AC'97 2.2, SoundBlaster Compatible
Memory Readers:MMC/SD/MS 3-in-1 Card Reader
WiFi:Intel Pro Wireless 2200 802.11b/g, 2915 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN or MSI
Combo 802.11b/g + Bluetooth Module Optional

Tony Sperling

You might check the manufacturer's site for a BIOS update.

Tony. . .

"M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not sure but this may be an xp32 problem more than xp 64. My laptop an
> MSI 1013 came preloaded with xp64 and recently I added xp32 to the second
> partition (duel boot). On two occasions now during boot the system hangs
> while trying to load acpitable.dat, this is on the xp32 side but if I

power
> off and try to boot on the 64 side it will hang on the same point.
>
> To get around it I have to take the battery out of the pc and let it sit

for
> about 5 mins and then power it up.
>
> I'm wondering what I can do to fix this?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> Here are the specs for the machine
>
> Turion MT-37 64 mobile
> 2 GB. DDR 333/400 SDRAM modules
> Chipset:ATI RS480M + SB400
> Hard Drive:Supports 2.5" 9.5mm IDE HDD with Ultra ATA-100 up to 100GB
> Graphics:ATI Radeon® Xpress 200M
> Display:12.1" TFT WXGA (internal Max: 1280 x 800 resolutions)
> Optical Drive(s):8X Dual Format DVD Burner
> Networking:Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
> Modem:Integrated AV.92/56K fax/modem
> PCMCIA Slots:One PCMCIA 2.1 Type II slot
> Pointing Device:Built-in touchpad with 2 click buttons
> Sound:AC'97 2.2, SoundBlaster Compatible
> Memory Readers:MMC/SD/MS 3-in-1 Card Reader
> WiFi:Intel Pro Wireless 2200 802.11b/g, 2915 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN or

MSI
> Combo 802.11b/g + Bluetooth Module Optional

John Barnes

Is there a chance you unplug some other piece of equipment at the same time
you take out the battery. I have always found this on my machines to be
related to some hardware change I have made between boots.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You might check the manufacturer's site for a BIOS update.
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm not sure but this may be an xp32 problem more than xp 64. My laptop
>> an
>> MSI 1013 came preloaded with xp64 and recently I added xp32 to the second
>> partition (duel boot). On two occasions now during boot the system hangs
>> while trying to load acpitable.dat, this is on the xp32 side but if I

> power
>> off and try to boot on the 64 side it will hang on the same point.
>>
>> To get around it I have to take the battery out of the pc and let it sit

> for
>> about 5 mins and then power it up.
>>
>> I'm wondering what I can do to fix this?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>

>> Here are the specs for the machine
>>
>> Turion MT-37 64 mobile
>> 2 GB. DDR 333/400 SDRAM modules
>> Chipset:ATI RS480M + SB400
>> Hard Drive:Supports 2.5" 9.5mm IDE HDD with Ultra ATA-100 up to 100GB
>> Graphics:ATI Radeon® Xpress 200M
>> Display:12.1" TFT WXGA (internal Max: 1280 x 800 resolutions)
>> Optical Drive(s):8X Dual Format DVD Burner
>> Networking:Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
>> Modem:Integrated AV.92/56K fax/modem
>> PCMCIA Slots:One PCMCIA 2.1 Type II slot
>> Pointing Device:Built-in touchpad with 2 click buttons
>> Sound:AC'97 2.2, SoundBlaster Compatible
>> Memory Readers:MMC/SD/MS 3-in-1 Card Reader
>> WiFi:Intel Pro Wireless 2200 802.11b/g, 2915 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN or

> MSI
>> Combo 802.11b/g + Bluetooth Module Optional

No nothing is being unplugged. I think it has something to do with the mouse
because at times the mouse works intermintantly and I have to reboot to get
it to work correctly. This is a usb mouse btw.

btw I take the battery out and let the system sit for a while in order to
get the system to boot properly after it hangs on the driver loading.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a chance you unplug some other piece of equipment at the same
> time you take out the battery. I have always found this on my machines to
> be related to some hardware change I have made between boots.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You might check the manufacturer's site for a BIOS update.
>>

>> Tony. . .
>>

>> "M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I'm not sure but this may be an xp32 problem more than xp 64. My laptop
>>> an
>>> MSI 1013 came preloaded with xp64 and recently I added xp32 to the
>>> second
>>> partition (duel boot). On two occasions now during boot the system hangs
>>> while trying to load acpitable.dat, this is on the xp32 side but if I

>> power
>>> off and try to boot on the 64 side it will hang on the same point.
>>>
>>> To get around it I have to take the battery out of the pc and let it sit

>> for
>>> about 5 mins and then power it up.
>>>
>>> I'm wondering what I can do to fix this?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>

>>> Here are the specs for the machine
>>>
>>> Turion MT-37 64 mobile
>>> 2 GB. DDR 333/400 SDRAM modules
>>> Chipset:ATI RS480M + SB400
>>> Hard Drive:Supports 2.5" 9.5mm IDE HDD with Ultra ATA-100 up to 100GB
>>> Graphics:ATI Radeon® Xpress 200M
>>> Display:12.1" TFT WXGA (internal Max: 1280 x 800 resolutions)
>>> Optical Drive(s):8X Dual Format DVD Burner
>>> Networking:Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
>>> Modem:Integrated AV.92/56K fax/modem
>>> PCMCIA Slots:One PCMCIA 2.1 Type II slot
>>> Pointing Device:Built-in touchpad with 2 click buttons
>>> Sound:AC'97 2.2, SoundBlaster Compatible
>>> Memory Readers:MMC/SD/MS 3-in-1 Card Reader
>>> WiFi:Intel Pro Wireless 2200 802.11b/g, 2915 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN or

>> MSI
>>> Combo 802.11b/g + Bluetooth Module Optional

John Barnes

Have you tried to boot immediately with the mouse disconnected? You can
then reconnect the mouse when you reach the welcome screen if that is the
problem. You should also look for a newer driver for the mouse or reinstall
the driver.

"M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No nothing is being unplugged. I think it has something to do with the
> mouse because at times the mouse works intermintantly and I have to reboot
> to get it to work correctly. This is a usb mouse btw.
>
> btw I take the battery out and let the system sit for a while in order to
> get the system to boot properly after it hangs on the driver loading.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there a chance you unplug some other piece of equipment at the same
>> time you take out the battery. I have always found this on my machines
>> to be related to some hardware change I have made between boots.
>>

>> "Tony Sperling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> You might check the manufacturer's site for a BIOS update.
>>>

>>> Tony. . .
>>>

>>> "M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> power

>>> for

>>> MSI

Gem hangs => TCPSocket.write hangs Tim Shadel Ruby 1 07-24-2005 06:11 AM
System Hangs Jay ASP .Net 0 04-02-2005 08:15 PM
Installing .NET Framework - On System.EnterpriseServices.dll hangs Mitja Semolic ASP .Net 0 05-10-2004 08:41 AM
Clear hangs up - & hangs up - & hangs up Sue Bilstein NZ Computing 26 03-07-2004 01:33 AM
Re: Cplex hangs in Perl system command Paul A. Rubin Perl 2 08-05-2003 10:15 PM

Advertisments