Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Audio problem.

Audio problem.

Ruud

Hello to all.
I've recently installed the trial of Wx64.
Now I don't have sound. I've had this Wx64 installed before, with the same
problem. Back then someone in this group helped me to find the right update
for the audiobus driver needed.
I have a HP, AMD athlon 3500+.
A while back I was given this link:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...s=8&sowar=true
Is this the right download-site, and if so, which download do I need?
I could add, that I have the download of "WDM_R140" , but when I try the
set-up, I get the message that my audiobus driver needs a more recent
version.
But I'm not sure this WDM-thing is the right update anyway.
I hope someone can help me out, to get the sound back on the pc.
Thanks in advance.
Greetings from Ruud.

Rick

What is the model of your HP computer? Usually
you can get the technical specs from the HP site
to find out which sound chip is on you board.
The link below is only valid if your board has a
RealTek sound chip.

Ruud wrote:
> Hello to all.
> I've recently installed the trial of Wx64.
> Now I don't have sound. I've had this Wx64 installed before, with the same
> problem. Back then someone in this group helped me to find the right update
> for the audiobus driver needed.
> I have a HP, AMD athlon 3500+.
> A while back I was given this link:
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...s=8&sowar=true
> Is this the right download-site, and if so, which download do I need?
> I could add, that I have the download of "WDM_R140" , but when I try the
> set-up, I get the message that my audiobus driver needs a more recent
> version.
> But I'm not sure this WDM-thing is the right update anyway.
> I hope someone can help me out, to get the sound back on the pc.
> Thanks in advance.
> Greetings from Ruud.

Ruud

Well, it's a HP Pavilion t870.nl Desktop PC.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the model of your HP computer? Usually you can get the technical
> specs from the HP site to find out which sound chip is on you board. The
> link below is only valid if your board has a RealTek sound chip.
>
> Ruud wrote:
>> Hello to all.
>> I've recently installed the trial of Wx64.
>> Now I don't have sound. I've had this Wx64 installed before, with the
>> same problem. Back then someone in this group helped me to find the right
>> update for the audiobus driver needed.
>> I have a HP, AMD athlon 3500+.
>> A while back I was given this link:
>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...s=8&sowar=true
>> Is this the right download-site, and if so, which download do I need?
>> I could add, that I have the download of "WDM_R140" , but when I try the
>> set-up, I get the message that my audiobus driver needs a more recent
>> version.
>> But I'm not sure this WDM-thing is the right update anyway.
>> I hope someone can help me out, to get the sound back on the pc.
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Greetings from Ruud.

Colin Barnhorst

What does the HP site tell you about the sound driver for x64?

"Ruud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e7ot84$osq$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> Well, it's a HP Pavilion t870.nl Desktop PC.

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What is the model of your HP computer? Usually you can get the technical
>> specs from the HP site to find out which sound chip is on you board. The
>> link below is only valid if your board has a RealTek sound chip.
>>
>> Ruud wrote:
>>> Hello to all.
>>> I've recently installed the trial of Wx64.
>>> Now I don't have sound. I've had this Wx64 installed before, with the
>>> same problem. Back then someone in this group helped me to find the
>>> right update for the audiobus driver needed.
>>> I have a HP, AMD athlon 3500+.
>>> A while back I was given this link:
>>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...s=8&sowar=true
>>> Is this the right download-site, and if so, which download do I need?
>>> I could add, that I have the download of "WDM_R140" , but when I try the
>>> set-up, I get the message that my audiobus driver needs a more recent
>>> version.
>>> But I'm not sure this WDM-thing is the right update anyway.
>>> I hope someone can help me out, to get the sound back on the pc.
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>> Greetings from Ruud.

Ruud

Yes, well that's the problem. I have the following update installed, but
it's not a Wx64 update.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=pv-25722-2

The point is, that I cannot find an update for my computer, to be able to
continue with the WDM-R140 set-up.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What does the HP site tell you about the sound driver for x64?
>
> "Ruud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e7ot84$osq$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
>> Well, it's a HP Pavilion t870.nl Desktop PC.
>>
>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> What is the model of your HP computer? Usually you can get the
>>> technical specs from the HP site to find out which sound chip is on you
>>> board. The link below is only valid if your board has a RealTek sound
>>> chip.

Colin Barnhorst

Go to
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True
And you will see the XP Pro x64/Windows 2003 x64 driver for the Realtek ALC
880 (D) chipset (first entry below the Readme line). Also, note the link
above the table for the hotfix for XP Pro x64.

"Ruud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e7ov24$fve$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> Yes, well that's the problem. I have the following update installed, but
> it's not a Wx64 update.
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=pv-25722-2
>
> The point is, that I cannot find an update for my computer, to be able to
> continue with the WDM-R140 set-up.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What does the HP site tell you about the sound driver for x64?
>>
>> "Ruud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:e7ot84$osq$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
>>> Well, it's a HP Pavilion t870.nl Desktop PC.
>>>
>>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

Ruud

Sorry to say, but I still get the message: need to install the latest HD
Audio Bus driver.
Only, this one:
http://www.opendrivers.com/freedownl...-download.html
doesn't work.
I picked it from :
http://www.opendrivers.com/categoryc...-download.html

Don't know what else to do.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Go to
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True
> And you will see the XP Pro x64/Windows 2003 x64 driver for the Realtek
> ALC 880 (D) chipset (first entry below the Readme line). Also, note the
> link above the table for the hotfix for XP Pro x64.
>
> "Ruud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e7ov24$fve$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
>> Yes, well that's the problem. I have the following update installed, but
>> it's not a Wx64 update.
>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=pv-25722-2
>>
>> The point is, that I cannot find an update for my computer, to be able to
>> continue with the WDM-R140 set-up.

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> What does the HP site tell you about the sound driver for x64?
>>>
>>> "Ruud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:e7ot84$osq$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...

Rick

The link that Colin provided is to the HD driver
at RealTek:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True

Did you download the WDM_R140.Exe or
WDM_R140.Zip file and try it?

Ruud wrote:
> Sorry to say, but I still get the message: need to install the latest HD
> Audio Bus driver.
> Only, this one:
> http://www.opendrivers.com/freedownl...-download.html
> doesn't work.
> I picked it from :
> http://www.opendrivers.com/categoryc...-download.html
>
> Don't know what else to do.

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Go to
>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True
>> And you will see the XP Pro x64/Windows 2003 x64 driver for the Realtek
>> ALC 880 (D) chipset (first entry below the Readme line). Also, note the
>> link above the table for the hotfix for XP Pro x64.
>>
>> "Ruud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:e7ov24$fve$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
>>> Yes, well that's the problem. I have the following update installed, but
>>> it's not a Wx64 update.
>>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=pv-25722-2
>>>
>>> The point is, that I cannot find an update for my computer, to be able to
>>> continue with the WDM-R140 set-up.
>>>
>>> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Ruud

Yes, I tried them both, but halfway the set-up I get : 'You need to update
your HD Audio bus driver. Please go to
http://support.microsoft.com/?kdib=901105 '. On this site I'm totally lost:
I really don't know what to try.
I also tried the 'hot-fix' above the WDM-download-links, but it doesn't
matter.

news:eb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The link that Colin provided is to the HD driver at RealTek:
>
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True
>
> Did you download the WDM_R140.Exe or WDM_R140.Zip file and try it?
>

> Ruud wrote:
>> Sorry to say, but I still get the message: need to install the latest HD
>> Audio Bus driver.
>> Only, this one:
>> http://www.opendrivers.com/freedownl...-download.html
>> doesn't work.
>> I picked it from :
>> http://www.opendrivers.com/categoryc...-download.html
>>
>> Don't know what else to do.

>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Go to
>>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True
>>> And you will see the XP Pro x64/Windows 2003 x64 driver for the Realtek
>>> ALC 880 (D) chipset (first entry below the Readme line). Also, note the
>>> link above the table for the hotfix for XP Pro x64.
>>>
>>> "Ruud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:e7ov24$fve$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...

Rick

You're right. Sometimes it takes you to the
right page and sometimes it doesn't.

This is a direct link to the download page:

And below is the result of a TinyURL:

TinyURL was created!

The following URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...x?amp;displayl

ang=en&familyid=0E850506-50EE-4458-902F-F9FC59201B04&
;displaylang=en

has a length of 127 characters and resulted in
the following TinyURL which has a length of 24
characters:

http://tinyurl.com/ebto3

See if you can get the Win x64 HD update this way.