Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Just started to study for MCSE

Just started to study for MCSE

Susie

I've just started studying for MCSE.
Could anyone, suggest ways to effectively study for my
first exam?
Is it possible to study just a book and pass this exam?
your replies and advises are much appreciated~!
Thank you~

TechGeekPro

Probably not but it is possible if you back it up with a good practice test
simulator i.e., MeasureUp, Self Test Software, or Transcender and some
experience with the product(s).

"Susie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4bba01c42c1b$f03c2870$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just started studying for MCSE.
> Could anyone, suggest ways to effectively study for my
> first exam?
> Is it possible to study just a book and pass this exam?
> your replies and advises are much appreciated~!
> Thank you~

=?Utf-8?B?TXV3bGVy?=

I think you can if you have been working with the products for some time
I would suggest you try looking at www.cbtnuggets.com. I have used their video
and they were a great help

----- TechGeekPro wrote: ----

Probably not but it is possible if you back it up with a good practice tes
simulator i.e., MeasureUp, Self Test Software, or Transcender and som
experience with the product(s)

-
I may not be completely certified, but I am completely certifiable

"Susie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messag
news:4bba01c42c1b$f03c2870$(E-Mail Removed)..
> I've just started studying for MCSE
> Could anyone, suggest ways to effectively study for m
> first exam
> Is it possible to study just a book and pass this exam
> your replies and advises are much appreciated~
> Thank you

LnkWizard

You might also consider investing in around 3 inexpensive
computers and some networking hardware to develop
a lab to practice the various tasks that are in the books.
If you really can't afford the 3 PC's try getting some virtual
computer software and using that. I've never used any but
I am sure some of the other folks here can offer suggestions
about which software is pretty good for that.

---
LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

---

"Susie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4bba01c42c1b$f03c2870$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just started studying for MCSE.
> Could anyone, suggest ways to effectively study for my
> first exam?
> Is it possible to study just a book and pass this exam?
> your replies and advises are much appreciated~!
> Thank you~

pittspeed

VMware is good for virtual machines...

"LnkWizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You might also consider investing in around 3 inexpensive
> computers and some networking hardware to develop
> a lab to practice the various tasks that are in the books.
> If you really can't afford the 3 PC's try getting some virtual
> computer software and using that. I've never used any but
> I am sure some of the other folks here can offer suggestions
> about which software is pretty good for that.

> ---
> LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5
>
> "He who does not test himself is worthless indeed"

> ---
>

> "Susie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4bba01c42c1b$f03c2870$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've just started studying for MCSE.
> > Could anyone, suggest ways to effectively study for my
> > first exam?
> > Is it possible to study just a book and pass this exam?
> > your replies and advises are much appreciated~!
> > Thank you~

Neil

"LnkWizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

www.vmware.com

--
Neil MCNGP #30

JaR

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:53:17 -0700, Susie declaimed:

> I've just started studying for MCSE.
> Could anyone, suggest ways to effectively study for my
> first exam?
> Is it possible to study just a book and pass this exam?
> your replies and advises are much appreciated~!
> Thank you~

Depends on how much experience you have. If you've been working with the
product for a while, and have a lab set up, or a couple of test boxes on
the company net, sure.

JaR
HTH Thug

Gameboy

There's nothing like failing the exam.

The Microsoft site lists the topics. Pick a few topics
for study, and study them in whatever books you can get.
Do all the labs at least once.

Don't try to exhaust all possible preparation resources.
Just take the exam. Failing the exam will show you what
you need to work on.

Neil

"Gameboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:4f7d01c42c72$bfd68f20
$(E-Mail Removed):

> Failing the exam will show you what
> you need to work on.

expensive learning curve...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Gameboy

Neil MCNGP #30 said, "expensive learning curve..."

Time is money. I've heard about people spending WAY too
much time and worry (and money) to positively ensure they
won't fail the first try.

You have to ask yourself a question. Do you want to brag
you passed on your first try, or do you want to just get
it over with and get on with your life?

If you don't want to pay for two exams, ask a benefactor
to subsidize you 50%. My Mom comes to mind.

Please, no jokes about my Mom. <uses anti-MCNGP spray>

if a variable is started inside a closure, can it ever be redeclared and started over, outside of the original function? Jake Barnes Javascript 2 02-15-2006 03:32 AM
Just started Andy MCSE 47 08-07-2003 03:16 PM
Just getting started looking into certifications... Marko MCSE 2 07-15-2003 03:19 PM
Re: Just getting started looking into certifications... Lady MCSE 2 07-15-2003 01:33 PM

Advertisments