Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > My Network Places Window

My Network Places Window

=?Utf-8?B?bWFpemU=?=

How can I restore the icons in My Network Places. There is only one there is
the one for shared documents on the other computer in my network. I want to
put the one for the shared documents in this computer etc. Gateway tech
support in helping me with something else had me delete the icons and now
won't tell me how to put them back because that's networking and they have to
get $75.00 per session to help you there.
--
maize

John

u could right click the folder(s) and allow sharing .
hth
john

"maize" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I restore the icons in My Network Places. There is only one there
> is
> the one for shared documents on the other computer in my network. I want
> put the one for the shared documents in this computer etc. Gateway tech
> support in helping me with something else had me delete the icons and now
> won't tell me how to put them back because that's networking and they have
> get $75.00 per session to help you there.
> --
> maize

Tanya

I'm assuming it is shared already. Go to Add a Network Place on the left
side on My Networks Folder. Click on it and choose next> click choose
another network>An address bar will come up, either click the down arrow and
the old network connection might show choose it if it does and follow
through. If it doesn't show then Browse make sure to go through and open the
whole network Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network> Workgroup
name>Computer name> folder. Then it will show backup.