Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Sorry Folks!!

Sorry Folks!!

Bill Kelly

Microsoft Staff,
My personal experience has found macromedia software to be unreliable,
causing somtimes even severe problems. I refuse to put their garbage on my
machine. Why does the response from your error reporting tell me that I have
a problem if I don't use them? Are they a sister company? Are many of their
shareholders also Microsoft shareholders? Can I expect an honest and
accurate reply to this? I would hope so. I have heard that my accessment of
Macromedia is shared by many others, having similar experiences, one of them
being a beta tester for microsoft, and involved in the PC world since its
early beginnings. Most of the time, with my 32 bit Xp proffesional, I can
access my weather reporting funcions from my homepage, and even though I
continuously refuse the requests to put macromedia on my system, the weather
prediction and reporting, including the radar and such, comes through fine.
Now, on the 64 bit version, I am having problems, and am being told by
Microsoft that I just have to comply, and put this junk on my computer. Why?
I hope this is only a temporary problem that you are working on. Because I
have been told that there are many of us who refuse to put Macrotrash on our
machines. I understand that this may have somewhat to do with things
unbeknownst to me, but why does 32 bit XP not reqiure Macromedia, but 64 bit
has a problem. I would like to believe that this is not in any way
deliberate, that is that you don't have in mind for your customers to be
forced to deal with inferior software? Am I right?
Sincerely,
Bill Kelly.

Colin Barnhorst

Since this is not a managed newsgroup it is unlikely that Microsoft will
ever see your comments and concerns. Perhaps you should submit this
feedback to them directly.

"Bill Kelly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Microsoft Staff,
> My personal experience has found macromedia software to be unreliable,
> causing somtimes even severe problems. I refuse to put their garbage on my
> machine. Why does the response from your error reporting tell me that I
> have a problem if I don't use them? Are they a sister company? Are many of
> their shareholders also Microsoft shareholders? Can I expect an honest and
> accurate reply to this? I would hope so. I have heard that my accessment
> of Macromedia is shared by many others, having similar experiences, one of
> them being a beta tester for microsoft, and involved in the PC world since
> its early beginnings. Most of the time, with my 32 bit Xp proffesional, I
> can access my weather reporting funcions from my homepage, and even though
> I continuously refuse the requests to put macromedia on my system, the
> weather prediction and reporting, including the radar and such, comes
> through fine. Now, on the 64 bit version, I am having problems, and am
> being told by Microsoft that I just have to comply, and put this junk on
> my computer. Why? I hope this is only a temporary problem that you are
> working on. Because I have been told that there are many of us who refuse
> to put Macrotrash on our machines. I understand that this may have
> somewhat to do with things unbeknownst to me, but why does 32 bit XP not
> reqiure Macromedia, but 64 bit has a problem. I would like to believe that
> this is not in any way deliberate, that is that you don't have in mind for
> your customers to be forced to deal with inferior software? Am I right?
> Sincerely,
> Bill Kelly.

Peter Lawton

This is a useful free utility:-

http://www.flashswitch.com/

Allows you to install the Flash plugin, but then turn it off except for
those occasional, extremely badly written web sites that aren't useable
without it.

I've found web sites load a lot faster and look a lot nicer with Flash
switched off and MSIE set not to play animations, sounds or videos on web
sites (gets rid of a lot of the most annoying adverts too)

Peter Lawton

"Bill Kelly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Microsoft Staff,
> My personal experience has found macromedia software to be unreliable,
> causing somtimes even severe problems. I refuse to put their garbage on my
> machine. Why does the response from your error reporting tell me that I
> have a problem if I don't use them? Are they a sister company? Are many of
> their shareholders also Microsoft shareholders? Can I expect an honest and
> accurate reply to this? I would hope so. I have heard that my accessment
> of Macromedia is shared by many others, having similar experiences, one of
> them being a beta tester for microsoft, and involved in the PC world since
> its early beginnings. Most of the time, with my 32 bit Xp proffesional, I
> can access my weather reporting funcions from my homepage, and even though
> I continuously refuse the requests to put macromedia on my system, the
> weather prediction and reporting, including the radar and such, comes
> through fine. Now, on the 64 bit version, I am having problems, and am
> being told by Microsoft that I just have to comply, and put this junk on
> my computer. Why? I hope this is only a temporary problem that you are
> working on. Because I have been told that there are many of us who refuse
> to put Macrotrash on our machines. I understand that this may have
> somewhat to do with things unbeknownst to me, but why does 32 bit XP not
> reqiure Macromedia, but 64 bit has a problem. I would like to believe that
> this is not in any way deliberate, that is that you don't have in mind for
> your customers to be forced to deal with inferior software? Am I right?
> Sincerely,
> Bill Kelly.

Jud Hendrix

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:46:58 +0100, "Peter Lawton" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>(gets rid of a lot of the most annoying adverts too)

If you want to get rid of advertisers, a more drastic method is to set the
specific advertisers-site in the hosts-file to point to localhost.
There is a frequently updated list of (nasty) advertisers, in different
formats. You only need to copy and paste the hosts-compatible format into
your hosts-file. List at http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/ It makes surfing
fun again
I use Firefox by the way, and there is a Flash-blocker for that one as
well.

jud