Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Help for Vista Users

Help for Vista Users

Colin Barnhorst

If you reached this newsgroup as a result of a listing of Windows Vista
Newsgroups in the left pane of your Vista Help and Support Center please be
aware that this newsgroup was not created to serve Vista users.

This newsgroup has been serving users of Windows XP Pro x64 and Windows
Server 2003 x64 (including the IA64 editions) for a couple of years. The
classification of this newsgroup as a Vista newsgroup was an error made by
the Vista Mail team. We're sorry for the confusion.

Any of the regulars in this newsgroup who are trying out Vista x64 are also
participating in the Vista newsgroups as well so please meet us there.

As a courtesy to the folks who have been coming here for years to discuss XP
Pro x64 and Server 2003 x64, please choose any of the newsgroups listed by
your Vista Help and Support Center which has the keyword "Vista" in its
title.

Thank you.

(This message will be repeated.)

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

Do you have a link to the public Vista Newsgroups?

--
Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
P4 3.73 GHz EE

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> If you reached this newsgroup as a result of a listing of Windows Vista
> Newsgroups in the left pane of your Vista Help and Support Center please be
> aware that this newsgroup was not created to serve Vista users.
>
> This newsgroup has been serving users of Windows XP Pro x64 and Windows
> Server 2003 x64 (including the IA64 editions) for a couple of years. The
> classification of this newsgroup as a Vista newsgroup was an error made by
> the Vista Mail team. We're sorry for the confusion.
>
> Any of the regulars in this newsgroup who are trying out Vista x64 are also
> participating in the Vista newsgroups as well so please meet us there.
>
> As a courtesy to the folks who have been coming here for years to discuss XP
> Pro x64 and Server 2003 x64, please choose any of the newsgroups listed by
> your Vista Help and Support Center which has the keyword "Vista" in its
> title.
>
> Thank you.
>
> (This message will be repeated.)

Rick

Maratonmannen wrote:
> Do you have a link to the public Vista Newsgroups?

Here is a list of available newsgroups for
Windows Vista as of today:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

I have tried those, but they don´t open. "The Page cannot open."

I am a technical Vista beta tester, so I have the newsgroups.
But for my friends?

Living in Sweden.

--

"Rick" wrote:

> Maratonmannen wrote:
> > Do you have a link to the public Vista Newsgroups?
> >

> Here is a list of available newsgroups for
> Windows Vista as of today:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt_passwords
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Rick

They open for me so I don't know what to tell
you. All I know is they work because I use them.

Maratonmannen wrote:
> I have tried those, but they don´t open. "The Page cannot open."
>
> I am a technical Vista beta tester, so I have the newsgroups.
> But for my friends?
>
> Living in Sweden.

Rick

Are you using: msnews.microsoft.com in the
server name?

I just did this in Outlook Express and I
received the list of groups to select from. All
the Vista ones are there. And I usually don't
mess with Outlook Express at all. I use
Thunderbird for my email and news.

Maratonmannen wrote:
> I have tried those, but they don´t open. "The Page cannot open."
>
> I am a technical Vista beta tester, so I have the newsgroups.
> But for my friends?
>
> Living in Sweden.

Colin Barnhorst

They are already available in the Vista Mail newsreader. You only need to
check off the ones you want to subscribe to. Click on Newsgroups, scroll
down the list to Vista, or put "Vista" in the search box at the top. This
is the list Rick has been posting in this ng:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

"Maratonmannen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you have a link to the public Vista Newsgroups?
>
> --
> Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
> P4 3.73 GHz EE
> RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
> 2GB DDR2-800MHz@5-4-4-9-5
> GeForce 7800GTX (91.31)
> Samsung 24"
> Enermax 660W 35A@+12V
> 5049 3DMarks 06
> LAN 100/100
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> If you reached this newsgroup as a result of a listing of Windows Vista
>> Newsgroups in the left pane of your Vista Help and Support Center please
>> be
>> aware that this newsgroup was not created to serve Vista users.
>>
>> This newsgroup has been serving users of Windows XP Pro x64 and Windows
>> Server 2003 x64 (including the IA64 editions) for a couple of years. The
>> classification of this newsgroup as a Vista newsgroup was an error made
>> by
>> the Vista Mail team. We're sorry for the confusion.
>>
>> Any of the regulars in this newsgroup who are trying out Vista x64 are
>> also
>> participating in the Vista newsgroups as well so please meet us there.
>>
>> As a courtesy to the folks who have been coming here for years to discuss
>> XP
>> Pro x64 and Server 2003 x64, please choose any of the newsgroups listed
>> by
>> your Vista Help and Support Center which has the keyword "Vista" in its
>> title.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> (This message will be repeated.)

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Hi:
Start here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us
Then use the left pane to navigate thru the other Vista NG's.
Carlos

"Maratonmannen" wrote:

> I have tried those, but they don´t open. "The Page cannot open."
>
> I am a technical Vista beta tester, so I have the newsgroups.
> But for my friends?
>
> Living in Sweden.
>
> --
> Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
> P4 3.73 GHz EE
> RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
> 2GB DDR2-800MHz@5-4-4-9-5
> GeForce 7800GTX (91.31)
> Samsung 24"
> Enermax 660W 35A@+12V
> 5049 3DMarks 06
> LAN 100/100
>

> "Rick" wrote:
>
> > Maratonmannen wrote:
> > > Do you have a link to the public Vista Newsgroups?
> > >

> > Here is a list of available newsgroups for
> > Windows Vista as of today:
> >
> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt_passwords
> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Colin Barnhorst

btw it is this list in the Vista Help and Support Center that is leading to
all of the strange multiple postings. The web-based reader in Vista has a
bug that sometimes makes the user think (falsly) that the posting failed and
so he tries again.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
> Start here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us
> Then use the left pane to navigate thru the other Vista NG's.
> Carlos
>
> "Maratonmannen" wrote:
>
>> I have tried those, but they dont open. "The Page cannot open."
>>
>> I am a technical Vista beta tester, so I have the newsgroups.
>> But for my friends?
>>
>> Living in Sweden.
>>
>> --
>> Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
>> P4 3.73 GHz EE
>> RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
>> 2GB DDR2-800MHz@5-4-4-9-5
>> GeForce 7800GTX (91.31)
>> Samsung 24"
>> Enermax 660W 35A@+12V
>> 5049 3DMarks 06
>> LAN 100/100

>> > Here is a list of available newsgroups for
>> > Windows Vista as of today:
>> >
>> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
>> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
>> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt_passwords
>> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
>> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
>> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
>> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
>> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
>> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
>> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
>> > microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Colin:
Somehow the "General" discussion group for vista is located in two distinct
web pages.
Your method leads to:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...b-a63e791bbc79
My method leads to: