Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > kb914784 update ..................my two cents

kb914784 update ..................my two cents

hught1956

it aggravates me that Microsoft would release a patch that
breaks any 64 bit software It isnt like there is a ton of 64 bit
software available to begin with This same patch is causing
reboot loops and bsod's as well for some users I understand
these security updates are necessary from time to time but I
would think Microsoft would do their homework before they
release the patch Someone at Microsoft had to know this patch
was going to cause issues for at least some people I use Daemon
and Alcohol alot so it is definately an issure for me so for now
I am running without the patch but of course that little
security icon is on all the time now So now we people who use
this software have to wait and see if the software vendors will
fix their software to suit Microsofts OS yet again I feel sorry
for the folks with the reboots and bsod's ..........what a pain
Sorry for the rant but I had to say it ht

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.1 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Homer J. Simpson

Well, on one hand I'm glad to see I'm not the only one for whom the latest
updates have broken Daemon Tools, as I couldn't find any reference (at least
as of last week) to problems on Google or on their web site. I'll take
another look............

Homer J. Simpson

They're definitely aware of the problem (and blaming MS, of course)...

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=12065

Peter Lawton

I suspect MS always were very well aware of the problems it was going to
cause, but reasoned that if they just sneaked it out on x64 systems there
wouldn't be enough users to raise a huge fuss about it, unlike if they'd
rolled it out to 32bit systems.

Peter Lawton

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...