Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ISO problem: using 32bit WinXP, wanted to install 64bit Vista

ISO problem: using 32bit WinXP, wanted to install 64bit Vista

=?Utf-8?B?Tm9ybWFuIFdvbmc=?=

i am using a 32but winXP and download 64bit Vista
i was trying to use Alcohol 120% for opening the ISO
i can not open it since it does not a 32 win

beside that, when i send 64bit Vista (4G) ISOto my another 32bit winXP, it
showed only 14mb on my second compuet.

Do i need to use a 64 bit windows for downloading 64it Vista

Rick

Just want to point this out, for persons with
Vista questions, please post
to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for
discussions relating to Windows
XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.

Here is a list of available newsgroups for
Windows Vista as of today:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Head on over to the following page at
Microsoft's website on how toconfigure
your newsreader to read Microsoft's Public
Newsgroups:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

Norman Wong wrote:
> i am using a 32but winXP and download 64bit Vista
> i was trying to use Alcohol 120% for opening the ISO
> i can not open it since it does not a 32 win
>
> beside that, when i send 64bit Vista (4G) ISOto my another 32bit winXP, it
> showed only 14mb on my second compuet.
>
> Do i need to use a 64 bit windows for downloading 64it Vista

Colin Barnhorst

No. However, you cannot start the Vista Setup for Vista x64 from a Win XP
x86 desktop (you could from a Win XP Pro x64 desktop). You must boot the
system with the dvd.

Microsoft is saying there are a lot of people having problems using the
image file to create a dvd. The predominant problem appears to be burn
speeds. Burn your dvd at 2X or 4X but no faster. See if that helps.

I am assuming that you are running WinXP x86 on a 64-bit capable computer.

"Norman Wong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i am using a 32but winXP and download 64bit Vista
> i was trying to use Alcohol 120% for opening the ISO
> i can not open it since it does not a 32 win
>
> beside that, when i send 64bit Vista (4G) ISOto my another 32bit winXP, it
> showed only 14mb on my second compuet.
>
> Do i need to use a 64 bit windows for downloading 64it Vista

=?Utf-8?B?Tm9ybWFuIFdvbmc=?=

Thank you so much, Colin. I know what you are saying.

thank you for your help.