Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > OT (about a Mac user) but I couldn't resist sharing this

OT (about a Mac user) but I couldn't resist sharing this

Colin Barnhorst

I was just reading postings in a Mac forum and came across this gem of
anti-MS logic:

"Boot Camp will kill Micro$oft because now people can run their Windoze on a
Mac instead."

Bruce Chambers

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> I was just reading postings in a Mac forum and came across this gem of
> anti-MS logic:
>
> "Boot Camp will kill Micro$oft because now people can run their Windoze on a
> Mac instead."

That's a classic.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Jud Hendrix

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 11:18:05 -0600, Bruce Chambers <(E-Mail Removed)3t>
wrote:

>Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>> I was just reading postings in a Mac forum and came across this gem of
>> anti-MS logic:
>>
>> "Boot Camp will kill Micro$oft because now people can run their Windoze on a
>> Mac instead."

> That's a classic.

It has been mentioned in several pro-MS online places as well. I thought
Linux would have killed MS ages ago? Not dismissing Linux, because it
is certainly strong in server-environments.

Nobody has mentioned that Bill Gates will put down his day-to-day
management and position as chief-of-software mext year. Maybe things will
improve if we get a real programmer as their chief And hopefully Bill
and Melinda's foundation will find a cure for malaria!! XP64 would be a
good base for a scientific computer to do all the maths...
(phewww, managed to bring it on-topic again).

jud

Colin Barnhorst

The point of course, was that the poster doesn't seem to know where
'Windoze' comes from in the first place.

A Mac running Windows and Mac is good for everybody.
"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 11:18:05 -0600, Bruce Chambers
> <(E-Mail Removed)3t>
> wrote:
>
>>Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>>> I was just reading postings in a Mac forum and came across this gem of
>>> anti-MS logic:
>>>
>>> "Boot Camp will kill Micro$oft because now people can run their Windoze
>>> on a
>>> Mac instead."

>> That's a classic.

> It has been mentioned in several pro-MS online places as well. I thought
> Linux would have killed MS ages ago? Not dismissing Linux, because it
> is certainly strong in server-environments.
>
> Nobody has mentioned that Bill Gates will put down his day-to-day
> management and position as chief-of-software mext year. Maybe things will
> improve if we get a real programmer as their chief And hopefully Bill
> and Melinda's foundation will find a cure for malaria!! XP64 would be a
> good base for a scientific computer to do all the maths...
> (phewww, managed to bring it on-topic again).
>
> jud
>
> Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita
> http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

Jud Hendrix

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:14:50 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
<colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote:

>The point of course, was that the poster doesn't seem to know where
>'Windoze' comes from in the first place.

Xerox Park Research Centre?

Wrong guess? My mind is working slow. Still thinking of the beatiful match
between Ghana and Chzech Republic. Could haven 20-0

Tonight it's the US's ass which gets kicked! 64-32

just kidding

jud

Gary Mount

Actually not next year but the year after next year, June 2008.

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 11:18:05 -0600, Bruce Chambers
> <(E-Mail Removed)3t>
> wrote:
>

> Nobody has mentioned that Bill Gates will put down his day-to-day
> management and position as chief-of-software mext year. Maybe things will
> improve if we get a real programmer as their chief And hopefully Bill
> and Melinda's foundation will find a cure for malaria!! XP64 would be a
> good base for a scientific computer to do all the maths...
> (phewww, managed to bring it on-topic again).
>
> jud
>
> Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita
> http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

Tony Sperling

A Physics Professor showed an e-mail suggestion about how the Universe was
[really] looking, to a colleage. The colleage exasperated: "God! This guy
isn't even wrong!

This seems to be another such instance.

A few good one's - that show the extent of human wit and spirituality, comes
to mind:

Windows is not an O/S - it is not an application, and it is not a game.
So, what is it? A virus?

The day Microsoft stops making things that suck, is the day they start
making Vacuum-Cleaners!

(The first I heard in the street ten years ago, the second I came across in
this here forum, (thanks!))

Tony. . .

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 11:18:05 -0600, Bruce Chambers

<(E-Mail Removed)3t>
> wrote:
>
> >Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> >> I was just reading postings in a Mac forum and came across this gem of
> >> anti-MS logic:
> >>
> >> "Boot Camp will kill Micro$oft because now people can run their Windoze

on a
> >> Mac instead."

> > That's a classic.

> It has been mentioned in several pro-MS online places as well. I thought
> Linux would have killed MS ages ago? Not dismissing Linux, because it
> is certainly strong in server-environments.
>
> Nobody has mentioned that Bill Gates will put down his day-to-day
> management and position as chief-of-software mext year. Maybe things will
> improve if we get a real programmer as their chief And hopefully Bill
> and Melinda's foundation will find a cure for malaria!! XP64 would be a
> good base for a scientific computer to do all the maths...
> (phewww, managed to bring it on-topic again).
>
> jud
>
> Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

Colin Barnhorst

news:(E-Mail Removed)...