Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista Beta 2 5384 / multiple monitors & Ultramon

Vista Beta 2 5384 / multiple monitors & Ultramon

Spicer

Beware if you are going to install ultramon for your PC when installing
make sure to disable mirroring from downloading there are problems with
it and if you have already downloaded mirroring are probably getting
unknown device needs to install drivers popup - I have managed to get
rid of the popup by disabling inheritable permissions under display
mirror in the registry - 1) run regedit.exe
2) right-click the key
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\ Root\DISPLAYMIRROR'
and select Permissions from the menu
3) click on Advanced
4) uncheck "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent"
NOTE - You must have permission set to allow you to do this - once you
have done this display mirror will no longer be found in the device
manager after a restart - NOTE to have seen display mirror in device
manager you must click view in manager and set to show hidden devices -
then after clicking do not show me this popup to install drivers one
more time and a restart again / NO MORE POPUP / BUT display mirror will
still be in the registry and so far I cant get rid of it - OH WELL
You can get ultramon from http://www.realtimesoft.com
they are planing to be fully vista compatible in the future....

--
Spicer
Spicer's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1812