Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP-64 Upgrading from Trial to Full version?

XP-64 Upgrading from Trial to Full version?

=?Utf-8?B?TWV4Qnl0ZQ==?=

I downloaded the XP-64 trial version and I feel happy with it. I was able to
install -almost- all my 32-bit software and they run fine.
I'm now ready to buy it but the question is: How do I upgrade after I get
the new CD ??
Other software -such as Office- have an option somewhere under tools that
allows to enter the key to upgrade from trial to full.
So far I haven't figure out how will I upgrade WITHOUT having to re-install
XP-64 again !!! It will be a pain to reload everything once more !!

Thanks !!

Charlie Russel - MVP

Please see my blog on this:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/arc.../05/99480.aspx

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

MexByte wrote:
> I downloaded the XP-64 trial version and I feel happy with it. I was able
> to install -almost- all my 32-bit software and they run fine.
> I'm now ready to buy it but the question is: How do I upgrade after I get
> the new CD ??
> Other software -such as Office- have an option somewhere under tools that
> allows to enter the key to upgrade from trial to full.
> So far I haven't figure out how will I upgrade WITHOUT having to
> re-install XP-64 again !!! It will be a pain to reload everything once
> more !!
>
> Thanks !!

Dennis Gordon

Many of us have done in-place upgrades from the trial. Run the CD from
Windows and select the upgrade option. Takes about 20 minutes on a fast
machine and keeps your programs and setting intact...

"MexByte" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I downloaded the XP-64 trial version and I feel happy with it. I was able
> install -almost- all my 32-bit software and they run fine.
> I'm now ready to buy it but the question is: How do I upgrade after I get
> the new CD ??
> Other software -such as Office- have an option somewhere under tools that
> allows to enter the key to upgrade from trial to full.
> So far I haven't figure out how will I upgrade WITHOUT having to
> re-install
> XP-64 again !!! It will be a pain to reload everything once more !!
>
> Thanks !!

=?Utf-8?B?TWV4Qnl0ZQ==?=

Thank you guys!!!

All clear now, I wonder why your answers are not included in the home page
of XP-64? I was looking for the answer up and down microsoft and I spent
almost an hour on the phone with microsoft people that didn't have a clue.

Thanks again !!