Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > What does this error mean>?

What does this error mean>?

=?Utf-8?B?QXRyb2NpdHk=?=

When installing Vista Beta 2, I get "An error occurred while loading Setup
modules".

Should I re-download Vista>?

Colin Barnhorst

It could be the image file or it could be the dvd. Try burning at a
different speed.

"Atrocity" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When installing Vista Beta 2, I get "An error occurred while loading Setup
> modules".
>
> Should I re-download Vista>?

=?Utf-8?B?QXRyb2NpdHk=?=

I've burned it twice, once with Nero and next with DVD Decrypter with verify.
I'm already re-downloading the image file. So hopefully that corrects the
problem.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> It could be the image file or it could be the dvd. Try burning at a
> different speed.
>
> "Atrocity" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When installing Vista Beta 2, I get "An error occurred while loading Setup
> > modules".
> >
> > Should I re-download Vista>?

Colin Barnhorst

I have just come from a chat session with the shell team and the moderator
inserted a notice for MVP's to advise users to use a different burn speed.
This apparently the dominant solution.

"Atrocity" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've burned it twice, once with Nero and next with DVD Decrypter with
> verify.
> I'm already re-downloading the image file. So hopefully that corrects the
> problem.
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> It could be the image file or it could be the dvd. Try burning at a
>> different speed.
>>
>> "Atrocity" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > When installing Vista Beta 2, I get "An error occurred while loading
>> > Setup
>> > modules".
>> >
>> > Should I re-download Vista>?

=?Utf-8?B?QXRyb2NpdHk=?=

I've different speeds and I still get the error. In fact, the ones burned at
the lower speed won't even boot up. It has now been 7 dvd's.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> I have just come from a chat session with the shell team and the moderator
> inserted a notice for MVP's to advise users to use a different burn speed.
> This apparently the dominant solution.
>
> "Atrocity" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've burned it twice, once with Nero and next with DVD Decrypter with
> > verify.
> > I'm already re-downloading the image file. So hopefully that corrects the
> > problem.
> >
> > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> >
> >> It could be the image file or it could be the dvd. Try burning at a
> >> different speed.
> >>
> >> "Atrocity" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?QXRyb2NpdHk=?=

I have tried UltraISO, Nero, Alcohol 120%, DVD Decrypter, and ImgBurn. I'm
giving up.

"Atrocity" wrote:

> I've different speeds and I still get the error. In fact, the ones burned at
> the lower speed won't even boot up. It has now been 7 dvd's.
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
> > I have just come from a chat session with the shell team and the moderator
> > inserted a notice for MVP's to advise users to use a different burn speed.
> > This apparently the dominant solution.
> >
> > "Atrocity" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I've burned it twice, once with Nero and next with DVD Decrypter with
> > > verify.
> > > I'm already re-downloading the image file. So hopefully that corrects the
> > > problem.

Colin Barnhorst

What finally worked for me was to make sure I did everything on the same
drive. I was downloading and burning on a helper machine and then using the
dvd in my test machine. When I set things up so I could burn the dvd in the
same drive I was using to install Vista from I had no more problems. Not
that I think that this is your situation, but there does appear to be a
variety of causes of this problem, with burn speed being at the top of the
list.

support@msnmonitor.com

Try MagicISO, http://www.magiciso.com/
Atrocity wrote:
> When installing Vista Beta 2, I get "An error occurred while loading Setup
> modules".
>
> Should I re-download Vista>?

Yak64

I have heard that DVDs can have problems if you burn them at a much
lower speed than they're rated for, but it's not an issue I've had
myself.

Maybe just the disk you're using I suppose, my LG doesn't like R03
types at all and if I could get a good burn they detiriorate very
quickly. MMCs in the same drive work fine though.

>On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:18:01 -0700, Atrocity <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've different speeds and I still get the error. In fact, the ones burned at
>the lower speed won't even boot up. It has now been 7 dvd's.
>
>"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> I have just come from a chat session with the shell team and the moderator
>> inserted a notice for MVP's to advise users to use a different burn speed.
>> This apparently the dominant solution.
>>
>> "Atrocity" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I've burned it twice, once with Nero and next with DVD Decrypter with
>> > verify.
>> > I'm already re-downloading the image file. So hopefully that corrects the
>> > problem.

nik.hunt@gmail.com

I'm getting this error in VMWare using the ISO directly mounted, so it
can't be to do with DVD write speeds.