Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Installing Win XP 64 bit edition

Installing Win XP 64 bit edition

=?Utf-8?B?RGFydGhSaWM=?=

HI I just downloaded the trial of win XP 64 bit edition I try to restart my
computer and boot of the CD with the ISO file on it but it just goes to the
second boot device the harddrive can somebody please help I really need to
get this working

Rick

Is the CD or DVD drive set as the 1st boot
device in your BIOS?

You might also press <F8> or <F11>, depending on
your computer, to go to a "Boot Device Select"
menu and select your Optical drive there.

Did you burn the .ISO correctly?

Do not unzip the file, burn it to a disk, since
it is a ISO, there should be
an option in your Burning utility for burning
images to a CD.

Check the following link for instructions about
how to burn an ISO:
http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

Kenny Louden wrote: How to burn ISO files
> Over the last few days I have seen a number

of posts either asking how to
> burn the ISO file, or having problems with

the DVD that they just burnt as a
> data disc and not as image file..
> Well in case I have missed a post that has

already been made - here is a
> link to a web site (out of many) that gives a

basic start and understanding
> of how to burn a CD/DVD from an ISO image
>
> http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm
>
> I could post a number of web sites that gives

basically the same information
> on burning an ISO image. (Go to Google and

just type in "how to burn an iso
> imageā€ [without the quotes] - you will get a

large number of page hits)

> When all else fails - check your burner

documentation - it usually is a good
> starting point to begin with
>
> Just my little addition to help others and

maybe give Andre and the others
> that have been extremely busy answer

everyone's questions (over and over

DarthRic wrote:
> HI I just downloaded the trial of win XP 64 bit edition I try to restart my
> computer and boot of the CD with the ISO file on it but it just goes to the
> second boot device the harddrive can somebody please help I really need to
> get this working

Charlie Russel - MVP

Make sure you've followed the instructions to burn the ISO as an image to
the CD. See:
http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

--
Charlie.