Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > PST files disconnect

PST files disconnect

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgS3ZlYmVyZw==?=

HELP!
"Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not being used.

I get this regardless if the user is on a Windows XP with Office 2003 or Windows 2000 with Office 2003. There mailbox opens fine and all my users have a personal folder (PST file) to store there old emails, etc. The location of the PST files have not changed (located on there home directory). For some users, they never have a problem, others report after being in outlook, say an hour or longer, and when they click on there personal folder they get the error listed above. If they close outlook and reopen it, it works fine again. I have checked our network connections and everything is fine, no dropped connections. I have searched KB articles till I'm blue in the face. I have found nothing that works. The only thing that has changed is all of our servers have now been upgraded to Windows 2003 Int servers. We are an entire Windows shop with all updates are applied within 24 hours of release

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated

learn to post and might make a worthwhile replay

billyw

where are the pst living.
are you running outlook 2k3 in cached mode...

is anyone trying to share a .pst

are you running MX2k3?

"Steve Kveberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HELP!!
> "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access

the specified folder location. The messaging interface has returned an
unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not
being used."

> I get this regardless if the user is on a Windows XP with Office 2003 or

Windows 2000 with Office 2003. There mailbox opens fine and all my users
have a personal folder (PST file) to store there old emails, etc. The
location of the PST files have not changed (located on there home
directory). For some users, they never have a problem, others report after
being in outlook, say an hour or longer, and when they click on there
personal folder they get the error listed above. If they close outlook and
reopen it, it works fine again. I have checked our network connections and
everything is fine, no dropped connections. I have searched KB articles till
I'm blue in the face. I have found nothing that works. The only thing that
has changed is all of our servers have now been upgraded to Windows 2003 Int
servers. We are an entire Windows shop with all updates are applied within
24 hours of release.

> Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated,

nsf files to pst files kaella Computer Support 10 04-03-2013 11:11 AM
combining two outlook .pst files ? Father Ted Crilly Computer Support 7 10-04-2011 08:51 AM
pst files moi Computer Support 6 03-23-2005 03:38 PM
Help re opening outlook pst files please Gordon Computer Support 6 02-26-2005 08:08 PM
.pst files in Microsoft Outlook. Derek F. Computer Support 4 08-20-2004 01:18 PM

Advertisments