Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > OT-ish. Audio driver in Vista 64-bit under VMWare

OT-ish. Audio driver in Vista 64-bit under VMWare

Graham

Yes, I know I'm in the wrong place really, but I don't want to confuse
matters any futher in the Vista newsgroups!

Any of you managed to get the VMWare 64-bit audio driver to work in
Vista beta 2? I can install it, but it then says it can't load it. I've
downloaded it a second time, removed the first one and reinstalled:
still no joy.

(BTW, Vista's zip file handling doesn't seem to compare file sizes
properly when replacing them: it says a new file the same size as the
old one is larger. Maybe bits shrink as they age.)

Graham.

Rick

Since you are having a problem with VMware, the
CORRECT place to go is to the VMware Forums!

What makes you think Microsoft would be
responsible for the behavior of someone else's
software?

Graham wrote:
> Yes, I know I'm in the wrong place really, but I don't want to confuse
> matters any futher in the Vista newsgroups!
>
> Any of you managed to get the VMWare 64-bit audio driver to work in
> Vista beta 2? I can install it, but it then says it can't load it. I've
> downloaded it a second time, removed the first one and reinstalled:
> still no joy.
>
> (BTW, Vista's zip file handling doesn't seem to compare file sizes
> properly when replacing them: it says a new file the same size as the
> old one is larger. Maybe bits shrink as they age.)
>
> Graham.

Colin Barnhorst

This is not a Vista newsgroup.

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I know I'm in the wrong place really, but I don't want to confuse
> matters any futher in the Vista newsgroups!
>
> Any of you managed to get the VMWare 64-bit audio driver to work in Vista
> beta 2? I can install it, but it then says it can't load it. I've
> downloaded it a second time, removed the first one and reinstalled: still
> no joy.
>
> (BTW, Vista's zip file handling doesn't seem to compare file sizes
> properly when replacing them: it says a new file the same size as the old
> one is larger. Maybe bits shrink as they age.)
>
> Graham.

Graham

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> This is not a Vista newsgroup.

I said I know that. It is however a general 64-bit group.

Graham.

Graham

Rick wrote:

> Since you are having a problem with VMware, the CORRECT place to go is
> to the VMware Forums!

Hence the OT, however this IS a the windows.64bit.general newsgroup and
so it is, in fact appropriate.

> What makes you think Microsoft would be responsible for the behavior of
> someone else's software?

Sorry, where did I write or imply that is Microsoft's fault?

Graham.

Colin Barnhorst

But don't expect VMWare support except on VMWare forums.

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rick wrote:
>
>> Since you are having a problem with VMware, the CORRECT place to go is to
>> the VMware Forums!

> Hence the OT, however this IS a the windows.64bit.general newsgroup and so
> it is, in fact appropriate.
>
>> What makes you think Microsoft would be responsible for the behavior of
>> someone else's software?

> Sorry, where did I write or imply that is Microsoft's fault?
>
> Graham.

Colin Barnhorst

You still won't get the answers here that you will on a Vista ng. This
group has been discussing XP Pro and 2003 (including IA64) since release of
those products. Some of us have an interest in Vista, but that is
coincidental. You can lecture us on what we are all you want but all you
will do is make strangers easily.

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>> This is not a Vista newsgroup.

> I said I know that. It is however a general 64-bit group.
>
> Graham.

Graham

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> You still won't get the answers here that you will on a Vista ng. This
> group has been discussing XP Pro and 2003 (including IA64) since release of
> those products. Some of us have an interest in Vista, but that is
> coincidental. You can lecture us on what we are all you want but all you
> will do is make strangers easily.

I'm not lecturing anyone.

Graham.

Graham

Colin Barnhorst wrote:

> But don't expect VMWare support except on VMWare forums.

I don't. I simply asked a question. I know that a number of people who
frequent this group experiment a lot, and might have been able to say
"yes, it worked for me" in which case I'd keep working at it, or "no it
failed the same way for me" in which case I'd know it's the driver's
fault. Instead of which I get hostile responses.

Graham.

Noozer

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>> This is not a Vista newsgroup.

> I said I know that. It is however a general 64-bit group.

Which means that discussion of 64 bit versions of Windows are welcome - AS
LONG AS THERE ISN'T A MORE SPECIFIC NEWSGROUP AVAILABLE.

The definition of "off-topic" is: Any posting sent to a newsgroup, when
there is a more relevant newgroup available.