Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Firefox and XP64

Firefox and XP64

Little Red

I noticed that Firefox does not work as flawlwssly under XP64 as it does
under XP32. For instance, it does not let you log onto a site that is
password protected. Under XP32 there are no problems. Am I wrong assuming
this?

Rick

I would presume you have something set
incorrectly. I use Firefox in Win x64 for most
of my browsing and in well over 1 year I have
yet to have any of the problems you describe.

Little Red wrote:
> I noticed that Firefox does not work as flawlwssly under XP64 as it does
> under XP32. For instance, it does not let you log onto a site that is
> password protected. Under XP32 there are no problems. Am I wrong assuming
> this?

Colin Barnhorst

Check the Firefox website for assistance.

"Little Red" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uG$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I noticed that Firefox does not work as flawlwssly under XP64 as it does
>under XP32. For instance, it does not let you log onto a site that is
>password protected. Under XP32 there are no problems. Am I wrong assuming
>this?

Bruce Chambers

Little Red wrote:
> I noticed that Firefox does not work as flawlwssly under XP64 as it does
> under XP32. For instance, it does not let you log onto a site that is
> password protected. Under XP32 there are no problems. Am I wrong assuming
> this?

I've had absolutely zero problems using Firefox on WinXPx64, even
accessing secure sites. I did find that it sometimes necessary to
disable Firefox's pop-up blocker on some sites so the login dialog box
could appear.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Little Red

Thanks, that's probably the problem. I'll give it a try.

"Bruce Chambers" <(E-Mail Removed)3t> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Little Red wrote:
>> I noticed that Firefox does not work as flawlwssly under XP64 as it does
>> under XP32. For instance, it does not let you log onto a site that is
>> password protected. Under XP32 there are no problems. Am I wrong assuming
>> this?

> I've had absolutely zero problems using Firefox on WinXPx64, even
> accessing secure sites. I did find that it sometimes necessary to disable
> Firefox's pop-up blocker on some sites so the login dialog box could
> appear.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers

Jud Hendrix

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:21:39 -0400, "Little Red" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I noticed that Firefox does not work as flawlwssly under XP64 as it does
>under XP32. For instance, it does not let you log onto a site that is
>password protected. Under XP32 there are no problems. Am I wrong assuming
>this?

That's strange. Never had that problem. Maybe it's a security setting
somewhere wrong. But I use Mozilal for x64
(http://www.mozilla-x86-64.com/archiv...r_windows_x64/) which
might be slightly different.

jud

Graham

Little Red wrote:

> I noticed that Firefox does not work as flawlwssly under XP64 as it does
> under XP32. For instance, it does not let you log onto a site that is
> password protected. Under XP32 there are no problems. Am I wrong assuming
> this?

No similar problems here. The old Mozilla suite (using it to post this)
and SeaMonkey have no problems either. There's something wrong with your
setup.

Graham.