Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > taskbar and start menu

taskbar and start menu

=?Utf-8?B?c3RlcGg=?=

can anyone help me- ive recenlty had the internet installed on my computer-
since then the taskbar and start menu and the bottom of the screen will not
come up?? i dont understand why this is. Does anyone know why and how i can
fix this????
thanks
--
steph

John Barnes

Do you have a fixed or auto-hide? Maybe it got reset, so have you tried to
move the cursor to the edge of the screen.
I had a similar problem on x86. As soon as the internet connected the
taskbar froze. Nothing worked. You might try my solution and see if it
works for your problem. Launch Task Manager cntl/alt/del go to the
processes pane and select explorer.exe and end the process. Then switch to
the applications pane and select new task. enter your boot drive letter
:\Windows\explorer.exe (ie C:\Windows\explorer.exe ) Is this x64?

"steph" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> can anyone help me- ive recenlty had the internet installed on my
> computer-
> since then the taskbar and start menu and the bottom of the screen will
> not
> come up?? i dont understand why this is. Does anyone know why and how i
> can
> fix this????
> thanks
> --
> steph

Tony Sperling

It is also possible that you managed to re-size the taskbar with the mouse.
Happened to me once, and I wasn't even aware of any mistakes. If you put
your mouse pointer to the bottom of your screen and it turns into the
re-size symbol ( <--> ) you should be able to treat it as a normal window
and pull it up to normal size. (or indeed, monster size!)

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you have a fixed or auto-hide? Maybe it got reset, so have you tried
> to move the cursor to the edge of the screen.
> I had a similar problem on x86. As soon as the internet connected the
> taskbar froze. Nothing worked. You might try my solution and see if it
> works for your problem. Launch Task Manager cntl/alt/del go to the
> processes pane and select explorer.exe and end the process. Then switch
> to the applications pane and select new task. enter your boot drive
> letter :\Windows\explorer.exe (ie C:\Windows\explorer.exe ) Is this x64?
>

> "steph" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> can anyone help me- ive recenlty had the internet installed on my
>> computer-
>> since then the taskbar and start menu and the bottom of the screen will
>> not
>> come up?? i dont understand why this is. Does anyone know why and how i
>> can
>> fix this????
>> thanks
>> --
>> steph

=?Utf-8?B?c3RlcGg=?=

Hi John just wanted to say thanks that has fixed my problem you're a star
Thanks again im so grateful

--
steph