Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > For Vista Questions

For Vista Questions

=?Utf-8?B?UE51dHRz?=

If you follow the HTTP links from Microsoft's Vista site to access the
newsgroups via a browser, this newsgroup is presented along with dedicated
Vista newsgroups underneath the heading "Windows Vista Newsgroups". There are
other generic (non-Vista exclusive) groups as well.

If Microsoft's intent is for all Vista topics to be posted to Vista specific
newsgroups, then the decision to include the other non-Vista groups on the
Windows Vista Newsgroups Home page is a curious one.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...s/default.mspx

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Just want to point this out, for persons with Vista questions, please post
> to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for discussions relating to Windows
> XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.
>
> Here is a list of available newsgroups for Windows Vista as of today:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt_passwords
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
>
> Head on over to the following page at Microsoft's website on how toconfigure
> your newsreader to read Microsoft's Public Newsgroups:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Colin Barnhorst

Agreed. Perhaps one of the regulars will let MS know that.

"PNutts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you follow the HTTP links from Microsoft's Vista site to access the
> newsgroups via a browser, this newsgroup is presented along with dedicated
> Vista newsgroups underneath the heading "Windows Vista Newsgroups". There
> are
> other generic (non-Vista exclusive) groups as well.
>
> If Microsoft's intent is for all Vista topics to be posted to Vista
> specific
> newsgroups, then the decision to include the other non-Vista groups on the
> Windows Vista Newsgroups Home page is a curious one.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...s/default.mspx
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> Just want to point this out, for persons with Vista questions, please
>> post
>> to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for discussions relating to
>> Windows
>> XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.
>>
>> Here is a list of available newsgroups for Windows Vista as of today:
>>
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt_passwords
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
>>
>> Head on over to the following page at Microsoft's website on how
>> toconfigure
>> your newsreader to read Microsoft's Public Newsgroups:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx
>> --
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Colin Barnhorst

Steven Wabik is a real prize over on ...vista.general. He downloaded 4GBs
of Visat but doesn't want to download 2mb of VistaBootPro. Go figure!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> LOL! That one is funny!
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You don't have to read very many of them to realize how naive so many of
>> them are. Whew! I love the one, "Where can I find a Compaq driver?"
>>
>> "Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23eKaL$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> And what a job he's doing too! I just popped over there to take a look
>>> and ran away scared. People posting the same things four times. People
>>> who can't (won't) read what's on the screen in front of their eyes
>>> before they click to download it. Dozens of postings about exactly the
>>> same thing. People who don't know what to do with an ISO. People who
>>> think "funny" subject lines are clever.
>>>
>>> Will Andre survive, or will they drive him completely nuts?
>>>
>>> Graham.

Jane C

ROFL!! I noticed that too. The mind boggles.

--
Jane, not plain 64bit enabled

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Steven Wabik is a real prize over on ...vista.general. He downloaded 4GBs
> of Visat but doesn't want to download 2mb of VistaBootPro. Go figure!

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> LOL! That one is funny!
>> --
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> You don't have to read very many of them to realize how naive so many of
>>> them are. Whew! I love the one, "Where can I find a Compaq driver?"
>>>
>>> "Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%23eKaL$(E-Mail Removed)...

Graham

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> Steven Wabik is a real prize over on ...vista.general. He downloaded 4GBs
> of Visat but doesn't want to download 2mb of VistaBootPro. Go figure!

I liked the one where someone was asking that a 2.6G file be emailed to him.

Graham.

Colin Barnhorst

I saw that. LOL.

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:erJ%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>> Steven Wabik is a real prize over on ...vista.general. He downloaded
>> 4GBs of Visat but doesn't want to download 2mb of VistaBootPro. Go
>> figure!

> I liked the one where someone was asking that a 2.6G file be emailed to
> him.
>
> Graham.

Colin Barnhorst

They're like lemmings! I never saw anything like this.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I saw that. LOL.
>
> "Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:erJ%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>>> Steven Wabik is a real prize over on ...vista.general. He downloaded
>>> 4GBs of Visat but doesn't want to download 2mb of VistaBootPro. Go
>>> figure!

>> I liked the one where someone was asking that a 2.6G file be emailed to
>> him.
>>
>> Graham.

Jane C

Lemmings who can't read, don't know how to use search.......... <sigh>

--
Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
news:%23bu%(E-Mail Removed)...
> They're like lemmings! I never saw anything like this.

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I saw that. LOL.
>>
>> "Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:erJ%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> I liked the one where someone was asking that a 2.6G file be emailed to
>>> him.
>>>
>>> Graham.

Dennis Pack x64, v64B2, OPP2007B2

Colin:
Last year in this group someone was trying to install x64 on a 500MZ
PIII machine.

news:%23bu%(E-Mail Removed)...
> They're like lemmings! I never saw anything like this.

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I saw that. LOL.
>>
>> "Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:erJ%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> I liked the one where someone was asking that a 2.6G file be emailed to
>>> him.
>>>
>>> Graham.

Colin Barnhorst

Yeah, I think I remember that. There was another one who thought that the
video card he bought for his AMD64 machine was not right because it didn't
support 64-bit color depth.

"Dennis Pack x64, v64B2, OPP2007B2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...