Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > For Vista Questions

For Vista Questions

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Just want to point this out, for persons with Vista questions, please post
to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for discussions relating to Windows
XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.

Here is a list of available newsgroups for Windows Vista as of today:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Head on over to the following page at Microsoft's website on how toconfigure
your newsreader to read Microsoft's Public Newsgroups:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

Graham

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:

> Just want to point this out, for persons with Vista questions, please post
> to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for discussions relating to Windows
> XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.

You've got a hope. You are expecting people to actually *read* something
before they ask a question! (If you want proof they don't, look at how
many anti-virus for 64-bit questions have been asked in the last 24 hours.)

Graham.

John Barnes

How true. Andre is doing the job his friend Mike B did when we went from
beta to this public site. Every day he posted on the beta site excoriating
people to get with the change. Like your postings over there Andre.
Really helpful, like always.

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>
>> Just want to point this out, for persons with Vista questions, please
>> post to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for discussions relating to
>> Windows XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.

> You've got a hope. You are expecting people to actually *read* something
> before they ask a question! (If you want proof they don't, look at how
> many anti-virus for 64-bit questions have been asked in the last 24
> hours.)
>
> Graham.

dempsey36@gmail.com

You cannot access those other groups through google groups; at least
not yet.

John Barnes wrote:
> How true. Andre is doing the job his friend Mike B did when we went from
> beta to this public site. Every day he posted on the beta site excoriating
> people to get with the change. Like your postings over there Andre.
> Really helpful, like always.
>

> "Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> >
> >> Just want to point this out, for persons with Vista questions, please
> >> post to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for discussions relating to
> >> Windows XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.

> > You've got a hope. You are expecting people to actually *read* something
> > before they ask a question! (If you want proof they don't, look at how
> > many anti-virus for 64-bit questions have been asked in the last 24
> > hours.)
> >
> > Graham.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

No, they are not indexed yet.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> You cannot access those other groups through google groups; at least
> not yet.
>

> John Barnes wrote:
>> How true. Andre is doing the job his friend Mike B did when we went from
>> beta to this public site. Every day he posted on the beta site
>> excoriating
>> people to get with the change. Like your postings over there Andre.
>> Really helpful, like always.
>>

>> "Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > You've got a hope. You are expecting people to actually *read*
>> > something
>> > before they ask a question! (If you want proof they don't, look at how
>> > many anti-virus for 64-bit questions have been asked in the last 24
>> > hours.)
>> >
>> > Graham.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Thank you John, you should come join us.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How true. Andre is doing the job his friend Mike B did when we went from
> beta to this public site. Every day he posted on the beta site
> excoriating people to get with the change. Like your postings over
> there Andre. Really helpful, like always.
>

> "Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>>
>>> Just want to point this out, for persons with Vista questions, please
>>> post to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for discussions relating
>>> to Windows XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.

>> You've got a hope. You are expecting people to actually *read* something
>> before they ask a question! (If you want proof they don't, look at how
>> many anti-virus for 64-bit questions have been asked in the last 24
>> hours.)
>>
>> Graham.

Graham

John Barnes wrote:

> How true. Andre is doing the job his friend Mike B did when we went from
> beta to this public site. Every day he posted on the beta site excoriating
> people to get with the change. Like your postings over there Andre.
> Really helpful, like always.

And what a job he's doing too! I just popped over there to take a look
and ran away scared. People posting the same things four times. People
who can't (won't) read what's on the screen in front of their eyes
before they click to download it. Dozens of postings about exactly the
same thing. People who don't know what to do with an ISO. People who
think "funny" subject lines are clever.

Will Andre survive, or will they drive him completely nuts?

Graham.

Colin Barnhorst

Methinks it is too late for that!

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23eKaL$(E-Mail Removed)...
> John Barnes wrote:
>
>> How true. Andre is doing the job his friend Mike B did when we went from
>> beta to this public site. Every day he posted on the beta site
>> excoriating people to get with the change. Like your postings over
>> there Andre. Really helpful, like always.

> And what a job he's doing too! I just popped over there to take a look and
> ran away scared. People posting the same things four times. People who
> can't (won't) read what's on the screen in front of their eyes before they
> click to download it. Dozens of postings about exactly the same thing.
> People who don't know what to do with an ISO. People who think "funny"
> subject lines are clever.
>
> Will Andre survive, or will they drive him completely nuts?
>
> Graham.

Colin Barnhorst

You don't have to read very many of them to realize how naive so many of
them are. Whew! I love the one, "Where can I find a Compaq driver?"

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23eKaL$(E-Mail Removed)...
> John Barnes wrote:
>
>> How true. Andre is doing the job his friend Mike B did when we went from
>> beta to this public site. Every day he posted on the beta site
>> excoriating people to get with the change. Like your postings over
>> there Andre. Really helpful, like always.

> And what a job he's doing too! I just popped over there to take a look and
> ran away scared. People posting the same things four times. People who
> can't (won't) read what's on the screen in front of their eyes before they
> click to download it. Dozens of postings about exactly the same thing.
> People who don't know what to do with an ISO. People who think "funny"
> subject lines are clever.
>
> Will Andre survive, or will they drive him completely nuts?
>
> Graham.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

LOL! That one is funny!
Andre