Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Capture Cards

Capture Cards

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=

I have Windows XP 64 bit and as we all know there are still driver issues
with it.
So with this in mind I was wondering if the following is possible;
I have a really good capture card, but like most other brands there aren't
any drivers. Is it possible inside Xp 64 to created a virtual drive in 32 bit
so that one could run the capture card?
On my machine I am running a Intel D950 and have 4 gig memory and bucket
loads of hard drive space so I have enough of everything to run a virtual
drive, buut is it possible and if so how would one go about setting it up.
Btw, Xp 64 ran great on my old pentium 4 but now with the dual core it is
flying.

Regards,

Bob

Tony Sperling

I don't know about virtual drive - but a virtual machine (vmware or virtual
server) might do just that if they support such a card in the first place,
which I don't know either. The two contestants seem to each be good at
supporting what the other doesn't.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Windows XP 64 bit and as we all know there are still driver issues
> with it.
> So with this in mind I was wondering if the following is possible;
> I have a really good capture card, but like most other brands there aren't
> any drivers. Is it possible inside Xp 64 to created a virtual drive in 32
> bit
> so that one could run the capture card?
> On my machine I am running a Intel D950 and have 4 gig memory and bucket
> loads of hard drive space so I have enough of everything to run a virtual
> drive, buut is it possible and if so how would one go about setting it up.
> Btw, Xp 64 ran great on my old pentium 4 but now with the dual core it is
> flying.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob

Colin Barnhorst

It would likely need a 64-bit device driver.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...